Wheel locks???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Wheel locks??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I picked-up my V on 5/17/04 after test driving it on two occasions. I also looked it over without driving ...
    CHM
    CHM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Question Wheel locks???

I picked-up my V on 5/17/04 after test driving it on two occasions. I also looked it over without driving it several more times. The trunk contained:

mats
    front license plate bracket
    cts-v cd
    cargo net
    wheel locks

When I took the car at delivery, the wheel locks were gone. The salesperson did not remember locks in the trunk and said she would check on them. Yesterday, she states Cadillac does not even offer the locks as an accessory and I must have been mistaken. They are not refuting my claim, but say they have no way to verify it. My guess is some guy who works at the dealership has a new set of locks. The dealership is offering to reimburse me for a set of wheel locks, and I said I would check with other owners to see if I am the one who is wrong here. So, did your V come with wheel locks or am I crazy and imagined them in the trunk before delivery . Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Re: Wheel locks???

Mine came with a bag of wheel locks in the trunk

I don't use them since not many kids would have use for 6 bolt wheels

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Wheel locks. Yes. Don't use for the same reason as 2004ctsv.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Also be aware, these are not 'Lugs'. They are stainles shells over the nut. I tore one up before I figured that out. YOu have to take the shell off first.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Yep, mine came with them in the glove box.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend

I got them in the glove box as well.. they are keyed and come with a specific code associated with your specific lugs/car. I assume there are various sets and it is random which car gets which set. However, the moral here is to make sure that if you get a lock that it is the correct one for your car. They will probably be able to look it up by VIN.... I scanned the info that was in the bag with the lock.

Here it is.. (also will be posted on the FAQ later- Notice I x'd out the last 2 digits to protect my wheels from any of your guys on the east coast who want to fly out, find me , and steal my wheels... HAHA)

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

cadillac04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

So glad that you mentioned it. The ones that belong to my car were not there either. I never knew that they were included. I'll be going to the dealer to ask about them. I can't wait. I wonder how they will order me a set?

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Mine came with the same McGard (GM branded) locks....the dealer installed them and left the key and nuts in the pouch.

I will leave them installed because 1) the wheels and tires will still be worth bucks even if we all know that there are currently less than 3500 applications for the wheels, and 2) because some kids will steal anything....

I always take off the locks before any kind of service is to be performed, though......
    dhg

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Humm. Mine did not come with my car. I have alreayd taken all the wheels off with no problems... That means my are not keyed in any way, are other people's bolts keyed?

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Mine were in the trunk. I installed them since most of the "kids" I knew growing up who "borrowed" things didn't exactly need or would have been able to use them personally anyway. Simple insurance (makes me feel better) I suppose.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Mine came installed.

jspinetto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Same here, the keys were in the glovebox. Sounds like you need to have a chat with your dealer

CHM
    CHM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for your replies. I hope more people respond. I will print this thread and bring it to the dealer. They owe me one set of factory wheel locks!!! I am not at all happy about this, and I'm sure they will have to follow-through here.

cadillac04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Found my set of locks!!!!!! They were in the trunk but must have been pushed into the far rear corner near the seat when I took delivery. My other half found them , took the pack out and set it in the garage on a shelf. Just asked about them yesterday and lo and behold they re-appeared.
    The salespersom never even mentioned anything and I don't know if he even knew about the locks.

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

Mine came installed. I noticed them for the first time this weekend while trying to get all the d*mn brake dust off the wheels

Ron

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.