Rolled With A Very Fast Pick-Up Truck(Lightning). - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rolled With A Very Fast Pick-Up Truck(Lightning). in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I agree with DGTAL completely!! The level of enablement that parents give their children now is just out of control. ...
    Animosis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Rolled With A Very Fast Pick-Up Truck(Lightning).

I agree with DGTAL completely!! The level of enablement that parents give their children now is just out of control.

I'm 24, I have a full time+ career in IT. I'm going to college, and not only do I pay for everything while I'm in college, I pay for the tuition myself as well. I also pay for my car, my insurance, my bills, and my mortgage (yes, I own my own home at 24).

I did it (and continue to do it) ALL myself, and everytime I go for a swim in my heated pool, I get a satisfaction that no trust-fund baby could ever know.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Animosis
    I agree with DGTAL completely!! The level of enablement that parents give their children now is just out of control.

I'm 24, I have a full time+ career in IT. I'm going to college, and not only do I pay for everything while I'm in college, I pay for the tuition myself as well. I also pay for my car, my insurance, my bills, and my mortgage (yes, I own my own home at 24).

I did it (and continue to do it) ALL myself, and everytime I go for a swim in my heated pool, I get a satisfaction that no trust-fund baby could ever know.
    Amen brother, Amen

Every weekend I come home, I just can't get over how easy it is to walk away from almost anything. Any other posts of board members laying the smack down?

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'm 24, bought my V (along with everything else) with my own money. I went to college a long time and I worked hard to get a good job where I will be able to afford this car. All by myself.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Was at Englishtown today for a little bit of the import vs. domestic drags. There were two blown (or turbo'ed?) Lightnings that went head to head and were both low 12's. Holy jeezus!

riverrat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Black/Black

Lightnings ard blown from the factory. Then you mod them with a pulley for more boost ( mine has a 4lb ) add cold air intake, chip, a shift kit, spark plugs (cause you'll burn up the stock ones with the extra boost) taction bars and drag radials or slicks and you're runnin' mid 12 second quarter miles easy. I know I've done it! So watch out for those 4800lb trucks they can be fast, Just head for the twisties and see 'em later.

muvovr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: Rolled With A Very Fast Pick-Up Truck(Lightning).

Since my rep is to have the fastest and newest. I have challenged myself. Having my tuner go against myself (me in the silver sled CTS-V) my tuner in my LPE Z06 (silver of course) and then in my Lightning (Silver too) THe CTS-V held it's own on the lightning (it has a few mods ect). The Z06 gave me an a** kicking. We are working on the CTS-V heads, exhaust and looking to Vortex for some air stuffing power. I'll keep you posted on the results.
    In Texas if it aint been modified it won't keep up..........

Regards,

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by muvovr
    Since my rep is to have the fastest and newest. I have challenged myself. Having my tuner go against myself (me in the silver sled CTS-V) my tuner in my LPE Z06 (silver of course) and then in my Lightning (Silver too) THe CTS-V held it's own on the lightning (it has a few mods ect). The Z06 gave me an a** kicking. We are working on the CTS-V heads, exhaust and looking to Vortex for some air stuffing power. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Regards,
    where in Texas?
    I'm looking for a tuner in San Antonio.
    Thanks.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

you think that was bad. Check this kid out
    http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.ph...5&pagenumber=1

muvovr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: Rolled With A Very Fast Pick-Up Truck(Lightning).

I'm in DFW and use Performance Research. I good Lightning and LS6 Tuner. Terry Cole is the owner. I have since sold off my lightning to an employee and my Z06 (less the mods). I am that thrilled with the CTS-V. Hey where is my blower Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by muvovr

Regards,
    I drove this car. It is all you would hope for with 150HP huffer helper.

http://www.lundcadillac.com/ACCENLAR...ID=55&dlr=LUND

Dgtal

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I smoked 2 Rice a Ronies this weekend. One was a turboed Rx-7. I could hear it. The other was unidentifiable. Both were pretty fast. I saw the 2 of them playing behind me and as they came close, slowed a bit. I was already doing 65 on a stretch that spilled into the interstate. They picked up speed and tried to pass. I dropped to 4th, quick shifted to 5th and dusted them both. I was at about 120 and saw some congestion coming and backed off. The one guy smiled as he flew by . I wasnt going to play in traffic . When I got to the interstate, they were gone. "Ah the perceived immortality of youth"

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beast
    I got my V as a high school grad gift . I Still have to work at their stores to pay for it though.
    Edited: no personal attacks.

Nic00Z28M6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by DgtalPimp
    It is good to know there are some guy in blue that do still have some fun when they can.
    I hear that. Here is a dark crappy video of me tooling around with a vette who's driver obviously works for the police department (look at the plate at the end). Yes, the camera man was a newbie and got fired afterwards. On the 202...
    http://www.public.asu.edu/~nicolasd/...nicvsvette.wmv

Those phone camera operators can be kinda crapy, you really have to weed thought the munch till you find the right one.

Dgtal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.