Cadillac Owners Forum banner
30K views 116 replies 50 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
What kind of numbers are you guys seeing documented out there?

#89 ·
well, not to dig up an old thread... especially one thats been jacked LOL. i was just beginning to experience the way the V's handle and take high speeds. honestly im very let down. IMO this car absolutely falls on its face at any speed above 100 mph. it feels like im dragging a damn 4 ton weight. watching those you tube videos, confirms how i thought the car would be in 5th. since my tranny is basically done, and 5th syncro is gone... i wouldnt know. lets just say, on a pull from 2nd to the redline in 4th... an 07 330i walked me. last time i checked, those werent fast.

AND i have to say, at those speeds (about 130) the CTS doesnt feel too unstable at all, but then again im lowered pretty signifigantly. the car was manuvering beautifully and very stable. and i dont think it would take all that much power to run faster than 160... first off, like said a few pages back... a good valvetrain upgrade and some ARP rod bolts, spinning 7100 rpm even a slightly modded V would prob reach 170+.

i have a BRICK aero-designed 06 silverado ss, on 24s with pretty tall tires... slammed to the floor, bedcover (those two things help SIGNIFIGANTLY at high speeds on it). it makes a little shy of 600 whp without spray, and it used to have a LS7 Z06 T-56 in it. remember, we are talking ex. cab reg bed fullsize truck here... its seen 165 and was litterally still pulling absolutely no problem. i think the gearing had alot to do with it, cause now that the 4L70e is back in it, it falls on its face once it hits 4th. when my TVS-charged 408 goes into the truck, the T-56 will go back in as well... hoping to take it somewhere i can actually run it, and math is telling me that with the projected power i should be making, and the gearing... im looking at 200 mph, possibly ++. (750 rwhp + 100 wet shot, redline 7200 rpm)

#90 ·
i wouldnt know. lets just say, on a pull from 2nd to the redline in 4th... an 07 330i walked me. last time i checked, those werent fast.

I have an '04, and I've found that the LS-6 really needs to be high in the RPM band to get any real power out of it, and if you're not, plenty of "regular" cars will walk you. Cars that you wouldn't think you would need to downshift for. I find that I have a tendency to drive my V like my LS1 Vette, which is not downshift unless I'm racing something significant (like Vette/Viper/M5/M3/AMG, etc). But with the V, you'll get embarrassed if you do that, and then you have to live with the knowledge that that guy probably went to his home forum and posted a "kill" on a "slow-ass CTS-V" when he got there.

By the same token, if you're shifting right (i.e. at redline) you can destroy some pretty fast cars.

A 330i (not a 335i) is pretty slow, and if one walked you then there's a problem. Assuming you're not running on 7 cylinders or something, and not knowing where you were shifting, I'd say you needed to be in a different gear. Racing an SRT8, I found that 4th gear is magically faster than 3rd, which doesn't make sense in a torque-multiplication spreadsheet, but proved to be true on the highway. You'd think from a 60mph rolling start you'd want 3rd gear in the V, because you'd be up in the meat of the power band, but I found I actually ran much better starting in 4th even though the starting RPM is lower than what I would consider the lower side of the HP curve.

AND i have to say, at those speeds (about 130) the CTS doesnt feel too unstable at all, but then again im lowered pretty signifigantly. the car was manuvering beautifully and very stable. and i dont think it would take all that much power to run faster than 160...

I'm lowered about 1.5" and for whatever reason my car feels really loose at higher speeds under WOFT acceleration. Could be the shocks I have (k-sport) not having enough nitrogen pressure to stay up under acceleration squat or something, or maybe my rear cradle bushings are shot (again) but once I'm on the loud pedal for a while in 4th, my car starts to get squirmy. If you stay in it, it seems to get a bit more stable, but definitely not as stable as my C5 was. I don't get up to any real speeds often enough to worry about it too much - just thought of it now because I ran up against a new STi on the highway last night and embarrassed him in 4th...

#96 ·
some stats according to fast-autos.net-
04 CTS- V :
0-60 mph:5.2 sec
0-100 mph:12.2 sec
¼ mile:13.7 sec @ 107 mph
Top Speed:163 mph
Lateral acceleration:.90g
Braking 60-0 mph:118 ft

i cant find "set in stone" stats for the SRT8 300, but the general stats agree on low 5's 0-60 mph, and mid to upper 16s 0-100-0 mph. that sounds like a damn close race to me.... more so their advantage to the average driver vs. average driver, since their 5spd autos. (425 hp @ 4100 lbs roughly)

the M3 (E46) generally has these stats:
0-60 mph in high 4s (4.8-4.9 sec)
1/4 in 13.3 @ 104 mph
(333 hp @ 3500 lbs)
top speed of 176 mph (gov removed)

using those, that puts them at (lbs/hp):
CTS-V: 9.75
SRT8 300: 9.65
E46 M3: 10.51

#114 ·
Ummmm....yeah....I've got the long stretches of AutoBahn here....and have cruised on the Bonneville Salt Flats which are just shy of 13 good miles of drivable road.....

Just curious where HeyRoss pulled a sustained 163mph for ~5mins...I'm not doubting you bro....just curious?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.