CTS-V top speed? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V top speed? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by sleepys4 174 Mph the other day I have a friend that can confirm. I have the mods ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: CTS-V top speed?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepys4 View Post
    174 Mph the other day I have a friend that can confirm. I have the mods listed below. I was doing 162 up a slight hill then hit 6th expecting the motor to fall flat on its face, It pulled steady all the way up to 174, before a turn. It was kinda stable at that speed. It must be from my lowering springs. I know people will not believe this, but I have no reason to lie. It can be done! I will get a video next time.
    Will that friend come here and tell us this is so? That would be so cool! **chuckle****snort**

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Im still waiting on pics of Whistlers stripper damnit!!!

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Im still waiting on pics of Whistlers stripper damnit!!!
    Whoa whoa whoa! I had a girlfriend at the time, so there were NO pics of the passenger. Sorry to disappoint. However, if you go to Vegas and happen to "stumble" into Scores, ask for "Michelle". She may still be working there.

Never been to Scores Vegas but I have dropped a LOT of money at Crazy Horse Too and Spearmint Rhino.

GOOD times.

DownSouthV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v I/C/H/E 423/390

how much you spraying? haha

Never been to Scores Vegas but I have dropped a LOT of money at Crazy Horse Too and Spearmint Rhino.

GOOD times.
    I've heard Spearmint Rhino is cool. I've never been there. Scores was the only place I've been and only went once. How was Crazy Horse? I haven't hear of that. Then again locals in Vegas have better luck at actual night clubs then strip joints. Every weekend is a new crop.

CH2 was cool. My company of the evening was 1/2 Mongul 1/2 Uzbek and SMOKING!!!!

The Rhino must have the most stringent hiring process of any club I have ever been to (some of hte best in thee US). Every girl in there is absolutly PHENOMINAL!!!

CH2 was cool. My company of the evening was 1/2 Mongul 1/2 Uzbek and SMOKING!!!!

The Rhino must have the most stringent hiring process of any club I have ever been to (some of hte best in thee US). Every girl in there is absolutly PHENOMINAL!!!
    There is no more smoking in Vegas. It makes it so much more enjoyable at clubs, restaurants, and hotels. I hope Dallas adopts those rules soon.

I have lived in non-smoking places for the most part for the last 6 years and it is GREAT. I dont have to Febreze my clothes when I get home just to keep from stinking up the house.

BTW, she wasnt literally smoking, LOL

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

There's a Spearmint Rhino in Santa Maria, CA...guessing they don't have the same hiring standards...

There is a Spearmint Rhino in Lexington Ky and it is AWESOME (college town) but not nearly the same as Vegas.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Strip club threads are cool.

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    There is no more smoking in Vegas. It makes it so much more enjoyable at clubs, restaurants, and hotels. I hope Dallas adopts those rules soon.
    same with Houston. no spoking in an establishment within city limits.

goodbye 'smoking sections'

kelleyperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

well, not to dig up an old thread... especially one thats been jacked LOL. i was just beginning to experience the way the V's handle and take high speeds. honestly im very let down. IMO this car absolutely falls on its face at any speed above 100 mph. it feels like im dragging a damn 4 ton weight. watching those you tube videos, confirms how i thought the car would be in 5th. since my tranny is basically done, and 5th syncro is gone... i wouldnt know. lets just say, on a pull from 2nd to the redline in 4th... an 07 330i walked me. last time i checked, those werent fast.

AND i have to say, at those speeds (about 130) the CTS doesnt feel too unstable at all, but then again im lowered pretty signifigantly. the car was manuvering beautifully and very stable. and i dont think it would take all that much power to run faster than 160... first off, like said a few pages back... a good valvetrain upgrade and some ARP rod bolts, spinning 7100 rpm even a slightly modded V would prob reach 170+.

i have a BRICK aero-designed 06 silverado ss, on 24s with pretty tall tires... slammed to the floor, bedcover (those two things help SIGNIFIGANTLY at high speeds on it). it makes a little shy of 600 whp without spray, and it used to have a LS7 Z06 T-56 in it. remember, we are talking ex. cab reg bed fullsize truck here... its seen 165 and was litterally still pulling absolutely no problem. i think the gearing had alot to do with it, cause now that the 4L70e is back in it, it falls on its face once it hits 4th. when my TVS-charged 408 goes into the truck, the T-56 will go back in as well... hoping to take it somewhere i can actually run it, and math is telling me that with the projected power i should be making, and the gearing... im looking at 200 mph, possibly ++. (750 rwhp + 100 wet shot, redline 7200 rpm)

bpitas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post
    i wouldnt know. lets just say, on a pull from 2nd to the redline in 4th... an 07 330i walked me. last time i checked, those werent fast.

I have an '04, and I've found that the LS-6 really needs to be high in the RPM band to get any real power out of it, and if you're not, plenty of "regular" cars will walk you. Cars that you wouldn't think you would need to downshift for. I find that I have a tendency to drive my V like my LS1 Vette, which is not downshift unless I'm racing something significant (like Vette/Viper/M5/M3/AMG, etc). But with the V, you'll get embarrassed if you do that, and then you have to live with the knowledge that that guy probably went to his home forum and posted a "kill" on a "slow-ass CTS-V" when he got there.

By the same token, if you're shifting right (i.e. at redline) you can destroy some pretty fast cars.

A 330i (not a 335i) is pretty slow, and if one walked you then there's a problem. Assuming you're not running on 7 cylinders or something, and not knowing where you were shifting, I'd say you needed to be in a different gear. Racing an SRT8, I found that 4th gear is magically faster than 3rd, which doesn't make sense in a torque-multiplication spreadsheet, but proved to be true on the highway. You'd think from a 60mph rolling start you'd want 3rd gear in the V, because you'd be up in the meat of the power band, but I found I actually ran much better starting in 4th even though the starting RPM is lower than what I would consider the lower side of the HP curve.

Quote Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post

AND i have to say, at those speeds (about 130) the CTS doesnt feel too unstable at all, but then again im lowered pretty signifigantly. the car was manuvering beautifully and very stable. and i dont think it would take all that much power to run faster than 160...

I'm lowered about 1.5" and for whatever reason my car feels really loose at higher speeds under WOFT acceleration. Could be the shocks I have (k-sport) not having enough nitrogen pressure to stay up under acceleration squat or something, or maybe my rear cradle bushings are shot (again) but once I'm on the loud pedal for a while in 4th, my car starts to get squirmy. If you stay in it, it seems to get a bit more stable, but definitely not as stable as my C5 was. I don't get up to any real speeds often enough to worry about it too much - just thought of it now because I ran up against a new STi on the highway last night and embarrassed him in 4th...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.