Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I stirred the pot yesterday!

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Keys8541 
#1 ·
:stirpot:

So I'm standing on line in the bagel store yesterday midmorning and its filled with high school kids on lunch. The kid in front of me starts talking to some kids behind me about street racing someone else and his dumb face. Whatever. Then it starts to get juicy, about who has the fastest car etc. So I ask what car is it- an SRT 4.

With out thinking I blurt out "weak sauce."

The kid was kinda caught by surprize. I mentioned that I have a V (he said he saw pulling in and had never seen me before) and that V8 cubic inches can not be replaced by a forced induction four banger. Throw a maggie on the LS- engines and the V would blow that cars doors off.

After I ordered I saw him talking to another kid and herd Vette motor come out of his mouth and with that I left. I love the myth and mystery that the V carries with it.

:stirpot:

#8 ·
OH NO! People in a forum discussing things that they might discuss in real life! What has the world come to? Please everyone, for AAIIIC's sake keep the convo to specifically parts related discussion. Please don't try and be pleasant and act like this is a friendly community!

#10 ·
I work wit a kid that has a srt4 and it has 400rwhp at the wheels
Does he drive it in reverse? Just kidding. You know, front wheel drive?

Anyway, I had an SRT-4 that had a few goodies on it, no were near 400hp, but I surprised a bunch of mustangs and Z-28's. And a C5 that was poorly driven.

The V is by far faster. This might sound like a ghetto way of measuring my cars capability, but from the four way stop to some guys drive way out by my house (out in the country) is just a little over 1/4 mile and on a slight down grade. My modded SRT-4 would cross the guys drive way at 115mph from a dead stop at the four way. My stock V would cross it at 127. Now with a few goodies on the car it will cross it at 130.

However, dont underestimate them. They can be made very fast, for very little money, respectively.

#11 ·
Haha! I get that one! I remember having to lean the seat back and roll the freaking windows down. Ridiculous!!!!

#19 ·
A neon. I dont care if that thing has 600 hp. ITS STILL A NEON! a failing prop car for the fast and the furious. Top ten ugliest cars of the 2000's and rivals the cavalier for the "White Trash car of the decade".
Fabulous, pretty much why I said what I said to the kid in the first place. Then can be quick and I am not really one to street race, so I'd rather just roll my rear windows down. These were kids with the ugliest cz in their ears with the sonic the hedge hog look. They are all rich and need an ego adjustment. Normally I wouldn't say anything.

I couldn't care less whether the story is parts related or not, I just think it's a retarded story. Why would anyone feel the need to brag to a high school kid that his V is faster than the kid's SRT-4?
If you have no interest, then don't post. I don't post when I don't care about the topic. Kinda like when you see something you don't like on TV change the channel.

#21 ·
A guy on a local forumhas a SRT-4 turning 416rwhp. Its a good looking car BUT is is still a Neon and he had to dump some cash to pull it off. Personally Im not a fan of dropping more in mods than the car is worth to begin with.

Its an American Civic IMO and I wouldnt own either.

#22 ·
You know all you guys say the neon is a white trash car piece of crap. I put 46,000 HARD miles on my neon, half of which were well above stock power levels and all I did was replace the oil and filter. Now lets see................... So far on the V I have literally had from the flywheel back replaced under warranty when it was completely stock!!! And my car has never even been to the track!

Heck! I was stuck in Texas at an Air Force base and I let my dad drive my SRT-4 while I was gone. While he was driving it the line the controls the boost sprung a leak (my fault, I partially tore the boot that attaches to the turbo during my new turbo install) and he was driving around my car at over 24lbs of boost on stock fuel settings! The most you want to run is around 18-19lbs. He calls me and said the car has a lot more power than it usually does and I said DONT GET ON IT!!! Just dont let the boost get over 18lbs and you'll be fine. Even after that I never had a problem.

Now with that being said, would I trade my V in for an SRT-4. No. But not because its a neon. But because I love everything about the V that the neon didnt have. I can actually drift in the V!!! Plus its just a better looking, better performing car. Electric rear windows! Now if I was in a crunch for cash and could no longer afford to drive my V. I would by another one.

But as far as quality of both cars drivetrain?!?!? I give the neon more stars than the V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.