Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Yo New Yorkers!! And New Englanders!! And New Jerseyers!!

937 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks pretty cool.

I wonder what the 'south course' is. After Shenadoah, I've had it with the karting tracks for a while.

Also, can you imagine the number of nugget heads that show up there being so close to NYC?

-Chris

#3 ·
Yeah, it's a club and they want the rich bitches from NYC. PDA has 2 events and I can't find anyone else that will have any. When I drove home from Summit and passed Pocono, I drove right by there. I wish I had known. I stayed on rt 55 which turns off the main drag through Monticello just a couple miles before getting there...

#8 · (Edited)
From what little they show on their website that looks like one sweet facility. With them marketing themselves so upscale I have to wonder how many club type events they'll end up hosting.

There's also Alpine Motorsports Club in very eastern PA. Their website says construction to begin 2nd quarter of '08 with the facility opening in '09. As the name implies, it's another "country club" style place, but I have to figure they'll rent out to clubs if they want to keep the track in use and their business afloat.

And I think (but I could be wrong) that the New England Region SCCA got permission to start work on their track in Palmer, MA, which would be good for you, bigjim.

As much as I hate to say it, I might have to see about getting stationed at the Pentagon after my current tour is up. I was stationed just outside DC for almost a year, about 90min away from the 3 tracks at Summit Point and a few hours from VIR. Since I left at the end of '06 Thunderbolt and this place have either opened or are about to open. That's a pretty good density of really nice tracks within just a few hours.

Getting a bit farther away for the NY/NJ/NE types, there's also High Rock Raceway that's supposed to open in NC in 2009.

#11 ·
And I think (but I could be wrong) that the New England Region SCCA got permission to start work on their track in Palmer, MA, which would be good for you, bigjim.
Oh yes, I'm keeping my eye on that place. They never update the website, but last I heard they got the approval of the local Environmental board and the Palmer Town Board. Now, knowing Massachusetts politics like I do, I won't get too excited until I see asphalt being poured, but I am optimistic. An hour away, too.

#10 ·
Did you check Big Jims links? July 18, 19 ,20 @ Pocono. I'm thinking of going one of those days.
I don't think you can register for those dates yet, but I'll keep checking and post up when you can.
Everybody's getting the bug. Maybe Lyndsay started something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.