Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  RightTurn 
#1 ·
I am in the market to buy a cts-v. Currently I have a GTO and love it. I want something bigger but do not want to slow down. I know it is a poison. My gto is only a mild bolt on car, but I can coax her to a best of 12.19@114 at the track. I was wondering how the V's do at the track. I have looked at some of the drag times, but they do not seem all that impressive to me. How are acutally forum members doing at the track? Any chance to get a mild bolt on V to a 12.3-12.5 daily driver? That is were the goat is now.

What is all this I am reading about the diffs on these cars? Is it the case that is weak or are the issues coming from wheel hop. The GTO's have wheel hop issues as well, but my drag springs solved that. Same cure on the v? Does anyone know if the GTO diff will fit in the V?

I have been researching on this site for some time, but it is a little harder to get info than on some of the other forums. Did mallet do anything to the 06's? How to the mallet's compare to the stockers?

Sorry for the long post, just looking to get more direct info. Curious on how well the BMR kits work for wheel hop on these cars and if a GTO diff can be inserted.

#3 ·
You should stick with the GTO. If you want something bigger you should go with a Dodge or Chrysler product if all you care about is the 1/4.:thumbsup:

And yes, if you let the wheel hop take over on your launches, the differential is apt to give you problems at some point.

On the other hand, order an 09 V!!!!

#14 ·
I want something bigger, but not slower. Like someone else said, you get used to certain things...well I am used to a quick daily driver that surprises people, the V with stunning looks and good performance of the lot is very attractive...just want it to be as quick with a little extra room. The car is only about 100 pounds more than the gto apparently. I see differing reports on its acutal weight. I am guessing 3850.

#4 ·
Because of the current price point there are going to be more people wanting to drag this car. It was not meant to drag but, with the correct mods anything is possible. You said that you were not impressed by some of the drag times. You also said that you are looking for more room. If you are looking for more room get the V. Mine is stock except for a CAI for now and it is a blast to drive. It is a fun car to tool around in and you will suprise many people. As you know speed and HP are a matter or relativity.....the more you have the more you want.

On another note, my rear is the original and have NEVER even had a whine from it. I do some hard launches sometimes ;)

Good Luck
Just remember why you want the car. More room. Drive it and enjoy it. And Welcome to MOD HELL!

Gene

#5 ·
I don’t know about you but me standing 2 inches north of 6 feet, the back seat passengers don't have much leg room once I make my self nice and cozy in the V. I also could use a little more room for my knees. But again I am reminded I am not driving my 96 Seville STS. But the V is fun to drive and lots of attention from people and they will ask you tons of questions about the V. This is at least for me here in central Minnesota, most people i talk with have only seen them in Magazines.

#12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I too stand about 4" north of 6'. I see the MPH are high for the V's that run average times so it shows potential. Yes I want the car because it is bigger, but I also do not want to slow down. I do not want a Dodge product either. I love GM. I have not driven one, but they do seem very fun to drive. Did Mallet do any 05's? I am a little worried about the diff. Glad to see some people are having some luck with them. I guess a suspension upgrade for the rear is in order.

#18 ·
I'll be posting an ad in the next couple of days but if you want info you can PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.