Cadillac Owners Forum banner

06 V stock suspension no wheel hop

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  NOPISTONS 
#1 ·
I've had my car for alittle over 2 1/2 years lauched it maybe 10 times or so and I have never experienced wheel hop from a stand still launch at 3500rpm or so. Anything over that and it does a nice smokey burn out through the gears. I am also running run flats 3rd set and on number 5 on my rearend including oem 2 drive shafts and 2 motormounts so you know I drive it. I have experienced wheel hop from double clutching in 1st gear and of course in water. Just wanted to see if I am not the only one not complaining about wheel hop.

#2 ·
You have a 2006 V, have done 10 hard launches and have gone through five rear ends and two drive shafts? Sounds kind of extreme to me.
Back to the thread...I dont have a problem with wheel hop either. I run my V as hard as the next guy...very rarely feel it.

#8 ·
Diagnosis still the same, just no symptoms huh? Still sounds like a bad deal to me.
I had the usual wheel-hop, then changed to Falken tires , got the GM fix , and BMRSP. Been three months, havent had any WH since (knock on wood). The Falkens are really loud, though they do help me hit fourth with a squeal!

#9 ·
I'll take wheel hop and the origional rear end.

#11 ·
they replace the bushing, it helps a little, I don't have any wheel hop on the street with traction control off, I can dump the clutch at 5g and make nice pretty marks all over the road and do burn outs, but on the track in the burn out box not so much...hops like a mofo...gonna try 07 rear with anti wheel hop kit with these bushings...hopefully it will help

#12 ·
To clarify nothing has ever broke in my car. I have taken in the car for whinning noise coming from the car. The dealer diagnosed it and replaced what they thought needed to be replaced I so happen to have a good dealer with no hassle. One more thing I am able to drop the hammer on the car on all gears chirping through fourth I don't understand what would be the difference from one car to another not being able to hammer it until second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.