Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Hey guys, since this is my 1st track event I still have some last minute questions... :duck: made a quick list of the essentials, anything I'm forgetting? Or anything else recommended? As for clothing, it's long sleeves, pants (jeans?), and non running shoes? example of non running shoes? those skinny pumas? :confused: Anyways, here's what I've got so far...

Helmet
Gloves
Shoes
Jeans
Sunglasses
Cooler - fill with food/beer & ice :thumbsup:
Lawn Chair
ATE Brake Fluid
Blue Painter Tape
Spare Tire
MVP Info
Camera, Camcorder, CruiseCam, extra betteries, tapes

#2 ·
Don't forget to add:

Antifreeze/coolant
Mobil 1 (crankcase)
Power steering fluid
Tools (rachets, sockets, open end wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, etc)
Windex
Paper towels
Jack
Jack stands
Tarp (to cover stuff laying on ground if it ... naw, it ain't gonna rain!)
More beer

Gloves? You've got gloves? :worship:

#3 ·
An umbrella.......:hide:

I kid, I kid, I hope you guys all get sun burnt, drive safe and have fun.

You still going to Lombard tomorrow? I will be at Purdue, fkn Ted will be in Lombard, a nice little switch-o-roo. I hope you got your gear installed after the few bumps you ran into. Also, why you walking to the train? Your 4(skin)runner not runnin or can't your lady drop you off? Take er easy and I will see you at one of the Chi meets coming up, I want a ride in your updated machine.

#5 ·
Ha, the female has the 4runner and has to get up at 4:30am to go work, i'm sure as hell not waking up that early to take her... walking will be good for my fatass.. so i guess it's a win/win? lol... trying to make a positive twist out of this somehow... :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Someone gonna let me borrow some tools/jack/jackstands if I need them?:bouncy: All my stuff is locked up at my buddies house and he is out of town for a while!
Skull I got ya covered. Come over and padock with me, near the big black trailer, that my buddy Ron will be bringing his BMW in.

My track list is simple:

-Hairy hermaphrodidic dwarf.

Everything else is optional.

-Chris

#8 ·
Someone is going to trick me into working on my day off... I can sense it now!
:lol:

If I bring money is there someplace I can buy water? Can't pack much on the back of the bike. :D
Any turns with a good place to sit in the shade? (provided Mother Nature cooperates)

#12 ·
ewill3rd, I'll bring some water for ya, as long as you just touch my car... just once, lol... that's all i ask

#9 ·
I was hoping to have my extra set of rotors and pads with me too because my brake pads will probably be just about shot by the end of the day...but no such luck! I hope I dont have to buy a set of pads from Luke just to get home and put another set on!

#13 ·
i second that... i don't think i'll have enough room for the jack etc, my cooler, for all the beer, i mean water... is pretty big... i'll gladly share some um water with you trukk! :D

#19 ·
Looks like I might not be riding the old Yamaha.
:(
I can't get my parts anyway. My battery is on backorder, my sidestand switch died and I can't get a new one until the Fedex guy brings it to me, and I chickened out on buying my new helmet until I actually have some money to pay for it. (darn my wife and her logic!)

I'd still love to ride but I ain't going to do it in the rain!
I even washed my jacket! Garage door opener and all!! :lol:

(strange how the garage door started opening and closing on its own after I did laundry!)

Maybe I'll ride with Alex, I hate to burn up my gas when I can trick him into giving me a ride :lol:

#20 ·
I live in Nashville and it is rainin here today. I'm about to head out to winchester. Maybe it will all move through and be cloudy. I'll have my laptop, will check up with you guys later. If anyone is hittin the road today give me a call and we can play follow the leader (6155332813)

#21 ·
All tools and extra fluids packed, camera batteries charged, cooler's waiting for ice.

Waiting for UPS to deliver new by-pass valve actuator from Magnuson. :suspense:

Just gotta throw a fresh pair of underwear in the glovebox and put my toothbrush in my back pocket! :thumbsup:

#22 ·
Hey Guys you are starting to make the newbies worried about what to bring. I was just planning on showing up with a spare tire and my kids and have fun. This sounds like folks are getting serious about racing - Is this norm anytime folks go out to the track to bring all sorts of mechanical gear, extra fluids (engine that is), tires, brake pads, rotors .......:suspect:

hmmmm

#23 ·
qqik, people are just being cautious. I am a newbie to road courses too and I am not that worried at all. I'm sure if all you bring is your spare and your kids you will have a great time, and on the off chance you do need something there will be plenty of spare stuff to go around and Luke will have parts on hand too. See you Thursday!

#25 ·
Got it - I am fortunate to have Bill / Luke so close to where I live that all mods are done by them :) I feel better now.

Thanks guys

#30 ·
You should probably come pick up your car before you go jim :lol:

It is almost ready.
I have to road test it and then get it to Gene for alignment this morning.

It got:

New motor mounts, that leak was actually hydraulic fluid all over the oil pan. They were both trashed... and made a mess of my floor! :lol:
Rear diff, no that wasn't the tranny moaning.
Fluid flushes with the fluid you provided are done.
I fixed one of your brake lines, it wasn't routed quite right.
I think I did more but it escapes me right now.

Rob, your car is almost done... but I have to get cracking on it. I got it all together but I need to double check the diff. After that I think it is just getting tech sheets ready for you and jim and you guys are good to go.

James is going to kill me if I can't get his car finalized today and I think justin is coming up from Tennessee today for a shifter and some other stuff.

I have to find time to pack some supplies and then decide whether to bring the "hammer" or leave it parked in the garage.

#32 ·
I am betting the rain will dampen our spirits for a short time then the sun will come out and make it all better :D
I don't think I am going to ride the bike.
My stuff isn't here yet anyway. I have a bad battery, bad sidestand switch, and old gear :(

#33 ·
Bah, it's not going to rain.

:suspense:

Fug it, it will still be fun. Looks 300TW craptastic nitto's instead of Hoo-Hoo's for me :(

-Chris

Attachments

#34 ·
nittos for me too NT555. Join my club :)

#36 ·
Yes it has a new diff in it.
If you want to drive it for a while that might be a good idea. I already racked up a few for you ;)

It should be fine to go though. I just finished it up and sent it off to Gene for the alignment.

#38 ·
I've got an essentially new set of Toyo T1-S's... Paul from Radial tells me that they are some of the best rain tires out there! He said that some European car mag. tested them against some full-on rain racing tires and the T1-S's turned in faster track times. You guys better get out of my way! Woo hooooooooooooooo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.