Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hey Florida Vs- yeah, you.

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Slywun 
#1 ·
The excellent Cooncat has been working tirelessly on arranging a Central/South Florida Cadillac meet at Old Town this Saturday the 3rd, but everyone in the SE forum is bailing. I'm the only V in attendance so far, so let's show those guys how it's done and get some Vs out there this Saturday!

Old Town is off of of Route 192, exit 64 on It. It is about 1 mile from I4 on the right, look for the Ferris Wheel. We've got a reserved parking lot starting at 3PM, and cooncat even found a great hotel deal for those with a long drive who want to spend the night. Here's the original thread.

I know it's short notice, but it's going to be a good time. Our famous (infamous?) forum owner Big King Sal will be in attendance, so it's worth showing up just to buy him a beer to keep yourself from getting banned next time you post something dumb! :lol:

Nikon, CSP, Whisler- I'm lookin' at you. :)

#7 ·
Beats me- I thought I remembered him being in Florida.

Do a Google map search for Old Town to see how close it is to WPB. I drove 4 hours to the WPB meet last year and Old Town in 2 hours from me, so I'm guessing 2 hours.

onebadcad? CSP? Come on, guys! :)

#15 ·
I can't go now. :( In preperation for the meet, I decided to clean my car and change the oil. In the process of working on the underbelly of it I found that my catalytic converter was broken at the top welded flange. Upon further inspection the catalytic converter fell off!

I'll post pics later. Let me know if any of you have a spare set of catalytic coverters.

#10 ·
Sorry CT, my weekend is already planned-family stuff, so if I opt out I will have to sleep in the garage, again.
For those considering going, new beneficial rule on the Turnpike, you can go about 100mph from PGA Blvd. to Kissimmee with no issues, so drive time is about 1.5 hours max.

#12 ·
For those considering going, new beneficial rule on the Turnpike, you can go about 100mph from PGA Blvd. to Kissimmee with no issues, so drive time is about 1.5 hours max.
Hmmm darren doing 100mph with out worries from PD sound like a lot of fun...:cool: So.... if I kept it at 140mph I would even get there even faster...;)

#11 ·
Ok Tony, I think I can go but what time does it start and when is it going to end?

#13 ·
I'm 90% certain I'll be stopping by for a couple of hours - here's looking for someone who's got a maggie that I can check out in person!!! I'll have camera gear in tow as well, so hopefully I can get some cool multi-V shots. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

#14 ·
Excellent! I knew I could count on the V guys to show these other goobers how it's done. :thumbsup:

I believe we're arriving between 3:00 and 4:00, and it goes until as late as we want. Old Town has beer and rides and all that jazz, but there's going to be a ton of wicked cars to walk around and check out. I think this will play out as more of a "meet & greet", followed by everyone walking around and checking the other cars than a "traditional" meet (where everyone stands around in one place).

My V is detailed and fueled, so I'll see you guys there tomorrow.

#17 ·
Cadillac Tony said:
Old Town has beer and rides and all that jazz, but there's going to be a ton of wicked cars to walk around and check out. I think this will play out as more of a "meet & greet", followed by everyone walking around and checking the other cars than a "traditional" meet (where everyone stands around in one place).
Basically we're putting faces to the screen names and hanging out with fellow Caddy owners. Check out each other's rides, share a few beers and check out the other cars at Old Town (they're having a big car show Saturday night).

#21 ·
I'm way late for posting these (especially now that it looks like Tony's gonna sell his baby! :cookoo:) but better late than never! I didn't get any pics of anybody there (I suck at people pics) but I got some pics of the 4 Vs that showed when I was there, plus a couple of cool ones of Tony's and mine side by side.

Even though I was only there long enough to chat and drink 2 beers, it was still great meeting everyone I did. What an awesome board we've got!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.