#1 Reason to become a SUPPORTING Member - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, #1 Reason to become a SUPPORTING Member in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; In the past I typically didn't work on my cars...Lately my wife has seen me under the car and is ...
    JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Re: #1 Reason to become a SUPPORTING Member

In the past I typically didn't work on my cars...Lately my wife has seen me under the car and is impressed with my knowledge...meanwhile it's all coming from this site! Printouts and all. Good stuff here.

bossplayer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I really don't know what to say here Jimmy, so I will refrain.

Thanks Admin for taking care of that ad.

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think that most of the reasoning for most people not being a supporting member is basically the $60.00 a year price. $5.00 a month doesn't sound like a lot but most forums and some that I'm a member of, are roughly $25.00 a year. Now .............before I get hosed here I will say this, I'm definitely not cheap, but I'm also a member of about thirty different forums and a paying member of about fifteen of those.........you do the math.

I've been here along time and can honestly say I have learned quite a few things, but our board is also one of the most repetitive boards I have ever seen. I understand guys wanting to post pics of there cars........but c'mon, how many stock silver and black "V"s do we have to see. Don't get me started on the tire threads, rear end threads, exhaust videos....etc. To be honest that's what "stickies" are for and should be used for. As someone who use to come over here religiously everyday, I find myself now looking at other LS based boards trying to find engine mods, etc.
    Flame away. , but be gentle.

Another thing, I hope Lindsay cadillac doesn't have to pay anything because if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have half the forum we have here. Those guys take care of just about any issue we throw at them and in my book just don't get enough credit. So, thanks guys.

Oh, don't ban me Urbie

Shane

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bossplayer View Post
    Ok urb', when I do searches an ad comes up that makes noise on my puter. This is VERY freaking annoying. I don't know why it only comes up on search queries, but can this ad be banned?
    there is a thread about this in the feedback forum, and a fix was proposed by the forum owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100 View Post

Oh, don't ban me Urbie

Shane
    naw you'd come and rip my stereo out

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    YES! I have found this very annoying too but have been just turning off the speakers when I do searches. Whaddya say urb?

EDIT: Oh yeah, there is no reason someone that can afford a V cannot afford $5 a month for the greatest collaboration of info available on their cars!
    fine, fine, i'll find the thread for you
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...noisy-ads.html

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Urb,

You need that crap ripped out, it's so 2004. I got this car mastered now. Let me spend about $2,000 for you and you come back down for a weekend. Your 80's rock would never sound so good.

Shane

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bossplayer View Post
    I really don't know what to say here Jimmy, so I will refrain.

Thanks Admin for taking care of that ad.
    I was just being facetious.

I have to agree, for some people, $60 a year is alot. Imagine if you are someone who frequents many forums. It can add up.

For me this is the only forum I frequent, so $60 a year ($50 with the yearly discount I think) is nothing.

The other option is to make a one-time donation. Alot of forums have that (including this one). You can donate whatever amount you want. Perhaps there should be some sort of badge for those who make a one-time donation. That is what alot of forums do.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

This forum hasn't saved me a penny! It's cost me over $10k in mods!

j/k This forum absolutely rocks ... BIG TIME!!!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100 View Post
    I hope Lindsay cadillac doesn't have to pay anything because if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have half the forum we have here. Those guys take care of just about any issue we throw at them and in my book just don't get enough credit. So, thanks guys.

Shane
    Lindsay Cadillac is very happy that this forum exists.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Lindsay rocks But I am sure they do good business here. Because they know how to do it right.

SuperV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade, CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Lindsay Cadillac is very happy that this forum exists.

If it were not for this forum, I would have never driven over 1,000 miles to have Lindsay work on my car multiple times. I so enjoy doing things myself but I know when it is time to leave the implementation to the experts. If it were not for Luke (parts) and Bill (implementation), I would certainly find someone closer to home to do my work. Lindsay (James) and his entire staff sets a new standard for Cadillac customer service. If I were to buy any dealership on this planet, there is no question that I would pay too much for Linsday

bossplayer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Quote Originally Posted by raveschi View Post
    If it were not for this forum, I would have never driven over 1,000 miles to have Lindsay work on my car multiple times. I so enjoy doing things myself but I know when it is time to leave the implementation to the experts. If it were not for Luke (parts) and Bill (implementation), I would certainly find someone closer to home to do my work. Lindsay (James) and his entire staff sets a new standard for Cadillac customer service. If I were to buy any dealership on this planet, there is no question that I would pay too much for Linsday
    AMEN!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Lindsay rocks But I am sure they do good business here. Because they know how to do it right.
    You are 200% correct. They are very involved with the community and have (obviously) earned the respect of Everyone...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.