CTS-V O2 sensors - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V O2 sensors in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by lollygagger8 I will definitely check the air inlet to the CAI and check the MAF to see ...
    jr_vette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V, 99 Vette, 07 Frontier LE 4x4, 04 MB E320

Re: CTS-V O2 sensors

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I will definitely check the air inlet to the CAI and check the MAF to see if it's loose. THANK YOU SO MUCH ewill3rd! Do you agree on changing the O2 sensors every 30k? I already bought the upstream ones, just haven't put em in yet.
    Is it one bank showing lean, or both? What did you view to determine it was running lean? The long-term fuel trims?

jr_vette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V, 99 Vette, 07 Frontier LE 4x4, 04 MB E320

Quote Originally Posted by benelliwang View Post
    The rear O2 are for smog purposes and fronts are for performance/engine operation purposes. So fronts are important to me and I won't swap out the rears unless there is a reason for it.

And what do you mean by lean? Are you talking LTFT or STFT? Which bank? Because of the weather, altitude, & other environmental variables, the car will never get 0% LTFT (not lean or rich) in all the cells. I would only swap out O2's if I know for sure they are way off or lazy at switching from lean to rich.
    Exactly.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I took it to EPP (lucky me it's 20 miles from me) to get the BMR kit put in since I don't have a lift, and Jake ran a snap on hand held computer and looked at it for all of 30 sec. I looked over his shoulder and all it said was lean. I didn't see anything that said bank or anything. He hooked it up out of kindness, reset the computer, and it turned the engine light off. I'm thinking it's a air leak now, or the engine light would've came on by now (it's been over 100 miles since then) I'm going to replace the O2 sensors anyways since I got em already.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I wouldn't add any more variables to the equation till I found out what was/is wrong.

IMHO.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

No real reason to replace O2 sensors unless they start setting codes.
    I have seen them with 200,000 miles on them working fine.

Right on, that'll save me about $100 then.....THANK YOU

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i said the same thing in reply 6

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    i said the same thing in reply 6
    And that's why I thank YOU as well

jonathan2169 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Here I go re-opening old posts again! After catching my passenger side exhaust on a car lift that hadn't been lowered enough, my small exhaust leak is now much bigger, and I got a check engine light. I was told that a leak can trip the check engine light even if it is after the O2 sensors(which it is, at the clamp connection between the cat and the Corsa pipes), something to do with cold air. Is this true? The car seams to be running fine, but I still am concerned that there may be issues up the line(from the cat up) from catching the clamp backing out off the lift... I don't have a code reader, and although I am told you can access the codes through the driver's info screen, I haven't learned how to do that yet. My plan is to see if I can fix the leak from after the cat(either by reclamping or welding if it is a crack), then see if a) the noise goes away and b) the engine light goes away after a few cycles.
    Knowing if a check engine light CAN turn on with the leak past the sensors would at least point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

I never heard of getting codes of the screen in the car. Not sure on your other problem. I would fix it and see if it goes away after like you said. I would disconnect the battery to clear the code.

jonathan2169 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Yeah as far as codes on the screen that was prolly me misreading a post... Wishful thinking, I guess. Thx for the tip on disconnecting the battery; will save me time instead of waiting for it to cycle to see if the issue was fixed.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Glad to be of some help.

blackknightv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black CTS-V

I want to chime in here. I have a 2005 CTS-V and it keeps throwing a PO430 code every couple of weeks. There is no loss of power, it idles fine, and runs fine. The car is stock, except for the muffler delete which was done over 2 years ago. What is wrong with it and how can I fix it, any help appreciated. Thanks.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknightv8 View Post
    I want to chime in here. I have a 2005 CTS-V and it keeps throwing a PO430 code every couple of weeks. There is no loss of power, it idles fine, and runs fine. The car is stock, except for the muffler delete which was done over 2 years ago. What is wrong with it and how can I fix it, any help appreciated. Thanks.
    P0430 is a passenger side O2 warning saying your catalytic converter is not operating properly.

blackknightv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black CTS-V

Could it be the sensor or is the catalytic converter just need to be replaced?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.