TPS RESET, Saw Faq, Still Have One Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, TPS RESET, Saw Faq, Still Have One Question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I reprogged my TPS sensors as they werent displaying the tire pressures. It indicated to end on the rear ...
    AlmostAV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

TPS RESET, Saw Faq, Still Have One Question

So I reprogged my TPS sensors as they werent displaying the tire pressures. It indicated to end on the rear left tire, I however had to end on the rear front right tire.

FAQ:

FL
    FR
    RR
    RL

ME:

FL
    RR
    RL
    FR

Im assuming the my sensors are in the wrong rims. Does this mean that the pressure displayed for the FR tire is really the pressure for the RL tire?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: TPS RESET, Saw Faq, Still Have One Question

Um, why didn't you just follow the instructions?

varrius is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I would just re-do it the correct way. Since they use an RF signal, or whatever, I'd imagine there's a reason for doing it in a specific order. The computer probably sets them in a specific order. After you set each tire, I think you can go look and see which one is registered and which isn't. At least, it appears to be like that, in the instructions. They can't be on the wrong rim, I don't think they have to be on a certain one, just have to be registered in an order.

PISNUOFF Guest

The computer learns them in a specific order. That order is LF, RF, RR, LR. Each sensor sends an individual RF signal and is learned by the computer in that order. This is so you can replace the sensors or reprogram the computer when you rotate tires.

Almostav - You can simpy let out some air from each tire, one at a time, and see which one has changed on your display.

AlmostAV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I tried doing it the correct way....Im not that ignorant! heheh...the only way to get the double honk was to finish with the front right.

PISNUOFF Guest

Did it work correctly? Is it reading the pressures for the correct wheel placement? Sometimes the TPM systems do some funky crap. We deal with them everyday here at an assembly plant.

rdjiv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V

The order in the FAQ is correct. Plus the entire procedure is also spelled out for you in the owner's manual. It has taken me a few tries to get the first honk to start the sequence. However, once it gets going, it will work. The key is to let the air out of each tire for a bit (3-5 secs) then wait for the sensor to read the new data. If you don't get an acknowledgement honk right away, let a little bit more air out. And then wait for the honk. Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds per tire.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Had to let a bunch of air out when I did mine, but it worked. Seemed like more than 5 seconds. I held the pin down till it honked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.