18X8 and 18X9.5 and tire options...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 18X8 and 18X9.5 and tire options... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello! I've been on the forums awhile, and i noticed you guys aren't into the 20's and chrome, so i ...
    mikesim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

18X8 and 18X9.5 and tire options...

Hello!

I've been on the forums awhile, and i noticed you guys aren't into the 20's and chrome, so i thought it'd be more appropriate to ask here than the regular CTS forum.

I bought some 18X7.5 +48 and stuck 245/40R18s on them and they didn't look good at all. so i said "return them, i want another set"

I want to fill out the fenders, but not with huge wheels. I love the look of the newer BMW 530's, and i'm going with a simple 5 spoke as well.

I plan on buying 18X8 and 18X9.5 wheels +40 all around with 245/40R18 and 265/35R18 tires (this week). I'm using 1010tires.com tire size calculator, and wheelsmaster.com for sizing, and just wondering if i'll have any rubbing issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

varrius is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 18X8 and 18X9.5 and tire options...

I hope Trukk doesn't see this thread. =(

mikesim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by varrius View Post
    I hope Trukk doesn't see this thread. =(
    i know, everyone has an opinion, and wide rear tires are really a thing of the past. they screw up your brake balance with the extra contact patch, and the extra weight (rotating mass) doesn't help acceleration and deceleration either.

but i want flushness! and i like the look. i'd rather see some old school euro-looking wheel and tire combo than what's in style now (22's).

trukk is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

LOL,

Anyone that comes in here and says, "I'm sick of all the talk of 20's and chrome rims" is OK in my book

The stock CTS-V wheels are 245/45 R18 on 8.5" wheels

I've been running staggered on stock wheels for about 2.5 years. First set was 245/45 F, 275/40 R. This was fine on 8.5" rims, so you should have no issues with 9.5 in the back. Filled the wheel wells very nicely. Take a look at a pic of stock CTS-V, and you'll see what the gaps look like.

After that I changed to 245/40 F 275/35 R. There is defiantely a larger gap. For asthetics, I would have stayed with the first setup, but the tires I wanted were only available in that size (falken Azenis RT-615's)

Good luck.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.