in-car camera mount, track days
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, in-car camera mount, track days in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello, I have used this mount during track days for many years and it is good stuff. For those who ...
    v10boost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

in-car camera mount, track days

Hello,

I have used this mount during track days for many years and it is good stuff. For those who want to record their track runs. you can review your run improove your driving, meaning don't make same mistakes.

http://www.cruisecam.com/cc.html

only thing bad about this mount is that it will only work on car with removable head rest. head rest must have 2 adjustable metal rods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: in-car camera mount, track days

track guys, this is pretty nice piece for the money and works really good. I have used it with my sony dvd recorder and worked perfectly. For those who are coming to next lindsay summit point meet, lets record track sessions. I would love to see my car from behind to see how it was handling from out side. Lets record and post some track events.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

I've been meaning to buy one of these for a while. I went ahead and ordered.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

you'll like it alot. I also use it when i go for drives with family or sunday drive with group of cars.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    I've been meaning to buy one of these for a while. I went ahead and ordered.

-Chris

me too.

Here's some others for those looking.

http://chasecam.com/mounts-suction.htm

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

I have the single seat version. It works great but is a tight fit. I hope to get a digital type recorder with a front and back bullet cam for Summit Point. I think the setup is like a grand so.......its still a dream.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by V-Love View Post
    I have the single seat version. It works great but is a tight fit. I hope to get a digital type recorder with a front and back bullet cam for Summit Point. I think the setup is like a grand so.......its still a dream.
    I also have the cruise cam. But I love the digital recorder with remote mount cameras. But it's mucho money and I'll want to install 4 cameras and PIP recorders and the whole shebang. shebang, hahahaha

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

I also use the cruise cam. As long as your using in a seat that is occupied the person will help dampen road vibrations. I usually mount it on my seat but the G-forces tend to move the seat and so the camera moves. Maybe because I like to zoom in but the picture vibrates even with digital camera that is 3-4 years old.

I wonder is the rubber mounted suction cups would dampen the vibrations?

A few vids..

Autocross showing the camera has a decent picture:

On all seasons chasing a friend in his C6, chasing a Z06:

335 - bye-bye!

Norm

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

My avatard is me using my Cruise Cam mount...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.