Summit Point Driving Practice....don't miss it!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Summit Point Driving Practice....don't miss it! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; http://youtube.com/watch?v=320nf1LjZYQ Its a little over 2 months away. There is always time for a little visualization. This looks to be ...
    V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Summit Point Driving Practice....don't miss it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=320nf1LjZYQ

Its a little over 2 months away. There is always time for a little visualization. This looks to be a long and exciting track. With its elevation and a banked turn, it is sure to be challenging!
    It looks pretty tight/narrow though. We may want to split each group into two groups at the start. Being that a lot of us will be similarly powered, it may avoid the dreaded traffic jam. There are always some that take a while to point by. Just a thought.
    Another thought, what will the banked turn do for the G-meter?

I think there are 14 spots left for this amazing gathering. I hope this video convinces some more of you to register before they let in non "V" cars. I wrote Bob Lutz an email telling him to bring an '09 and run some laps with us. 14 more V's could twist his arm....
    Plus, it will be the "Biggest Gathering of V's Ever"!!!
    Some of the baddest V's in the country will be there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Summit Point Driving Practice....don't miss it!

Bump me up!

Lets fill this thing!!!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by V-Love View Post
    Looks like Shenandoah Circuit, not Summit Point. I realize they're at the same place, but the main track is called Summit Point, the newest one is not.

This looks to be a long and exciting track. With its elevation and a banked turn, it is sure to be challenging!
    Exciting and challenging? Yes. Long? Not really - it's about 2.1mi, as I recall. There's lots of action in that 2.1mi, though.

Another thought, what will the banked turn do for the G-meter?
    Not much. The suspension is heavily compressed through the turn, but that doesn't change the fact that you're trying to hold your line and not slide up and out of the banking. I would imagine cornering g's will be a bit less than on a "normal" corner.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Keys8541 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Silver 04V Kooks,Corsa,UUC S.Shifter/Bushings, Badass Driver

the little track, which is the one you showed (youtube) is booooring after 3 laps. the big track is the one you can open it up at. If your running close to dusk or dawn be careful for deer..... trust me!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

The Shenandoah circuit (what our event will be on) is 2.2 miles
    Attached Images
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keys8541 View Post
    the little track, which is the one you showed (youtube) is booooring after 3 laps. the big track is the one you can open it up at. If your running close to dusk or dawn be careful for deer..... trust me!
    Yeah, we all wanted the big track but Shenandoah it is. Mabey next time Luke and Feff can hook it up. It will be fun for me. I can't see myself driving perfect lines in 3 laps. It will take me 3 to get to know it. Hitting a deer would be classic. However, a face full of deer is another story.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Cadillac Parts View Post
    Summit main is 2 miles so technically we are on the bigger track
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

GOTTSPD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Guys, there are three tracks at Summit Point. Summit Point, Jefferson Circuit (very short and basically a squiggly oval - boring) and Shenandoah (the newest track at Summit). If you've never been on Shenandoah, it's a challenging track, FAR from boring. They are doing upgrades to improve the banking of some of the turns. It's a blast, though, I would have picked Summit Main for the V event because it has a much, much longer straight. Shenandoah really plays well to very small/great handling cars, like the Elise/Exige. I have run my NSX w/ the Ferrari guys on Shenandoah and the Elises were nipping all through the twisties (which was most of the track).

That said, Shenandoah is great fun, it's very technical, requires good concentration and will greatly improve your driving and car control skills if you're a track newbie.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Keys8541 View Post
    the little track, which is the one you showed (youtube) is booooring after 3 laps. the big track is the one you can open it up at.
    I think you're thinking of the Jefferson Circuit. I've never heard anyone refer to the Shenandoah Circuit as "boring", and it's not particularly "little" either. But I guess if your main concern about a road course is whether you can open it up or not, then a track with lots of challenging corners may be "boring".

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Cadillac Parts View Post
    That's the max length. Are you guys going to be running the "pit straight"? Or will you be cutting through the bypass at turn 18 (which I think is what most clubs do these days)? If you use the turn 18 bypass I'd guess it's pretty close to 2mi, although I can't say I ever looked at my odometer to clock it!

I never really thought about it until now, but with the two tracks (SP and SC) being essentially the same length, I was about 20sec per lap slower on SC than on SP. That really highlights the different characters of the two tracks.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.