Floor Mat update - not good
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Floor Mat update - not good in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Got an email answer to my request for an update from web customer service at Lloyds. It said that GM ...
    jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Floor Mat update

Got an email answer to my request for an update from web customer service at Lloyds. It said that GM took the V logo off the approved license list and they will not be able to offer it now or (and this is the sad part) in the future.

i would write more, but the tears are shorting my keyboard.

any theories way? do you think a factory mat is on the way or should i just break down and get the caddy logo set?

bummer...

I suppose there is always the chance that he didnt understand what i was talking about, but he was pretty specific.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DarthVader Guest

Re: Floor Mat update - not good

Sounds like GM is trying to corner the lucrative V specific floor mat market, lol. Let's see...4000 V-cars per year, 5% of the owners will buy aftermarket floormats = 200 sets. Two hundred floor mat sets times $40 profit per set gives a bottom line profit = $8,000. Looks like we should all buy GM stock now to reap our share of the $8k!

CAR Motorsports is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hmmmm......we at CAR Motorsports have a GM Licensed CTS-V floor mat. The logo is available in 2 different configurations. These logos are also available on all of our other GM Licensed embroidered products, such as Seat Belt Cushions, Custom Fit Lifetime Warranted Car Cover, Dash Covers, Steering Wheel Covers, Trunk Mats, Underhood Engine Compartment Insulators and more. Pics of the logos are attached.

We are a GM Licensed vendor who just completed the vendor registration process with Sal today. We look forward to serving the accessory needs of all Cadillac owners, including the lucky owners of a V series CTS.

Regarding our floor mats, they are
    1. GM Licensed
    2. Heavy weight construction that is extremely Thick and Plush
    3. Feature a Hidden 7 layer 8" wide double tufted heel pad
    4. Utilize Dupont Tuflon Yarn that is mildew proof and washable
    5. Offer you a choice of either a NON-SLIP (and we do mean non-slip) multi-layer cushioned Foam backing or rubber nibs (not recommended by us)
    6. Wound Yarn Surging instead of Sewn on vinyl surging
    7. Custom surging colors (any of our mat colors) for contrast
    8. Custom Logo colors in any of our more than 300 thread colors
    9. Several logo location options (Door entry corners, Vertical along door jambs, Centered along the bottom third portion of the mat)
    10. Embroidery Laydown (carpet is sewn flat around logos for a more visible and clean appearance) and logo can be larger or smaller as you desire.
    11. LIFETIME warranty against material and workmanship defects
    12. REASONABLE price of only $149.95 a set (embroidery included on front two only, but can be added to rears for $30 - $15 per logo per mat).
    There is more, but these are the high points.
    Alan
    www.carmotorsports.com
    Attached Images

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Time to change the title of this thread. Lloyd's sorry, I've seen your matts they are GREAT, but seems like these guys are able to provide what we want.

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Floor Mat update - just fine thank you

Well, hello Alan..... NICE TO MEET YOU. so glad you could join us...

time to order time to order time to order.....

do you make the trunk mat too?
    and which of your carpet colors is closest to graphite? quicksilver or charcoal
    and can i have the V logo against the outer edge near the door?
    and do the fit the CTS-V (there wass a threa that said our back seat mats are slightly different)

so many questions!

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I will post the link on the FAQ...

Reed

CAR Motorsports is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Floor Mat update - just fine thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx
    Well, hello Alan..... NICE TO MEET YOU. so glad you could join us...

time to order time to order time to order.....

do you make the trunk mat too?
    and which of your carpet colors is closest to graphite? quicksilver or charcoal
    and can i have the V logo against the outer edge near the door?
    and do the fit the CTS-V (there wass a threa that said our back seat mats are slightly different)

so many questions!
    Our current mat patterns and trunk patterns are based on the CTS (non-V model). If there is a difference in the back mats, we will need to make that pattern. However, one of the things we do is make custom patterns. There's no extra charge for it and we have had several customers send in patterns for their cars that we did not have already for us to make. So, in the V car, if the rear mat pattern is different from the standard CTS, we can easily make this with a pattern that an owner supplies (all you would need to do is get a piece of postal paper, draw out the pattern, send it in, and then order. Again, no extra charge for this service) or we will go and make one ourselves after locating a car in our area. This is a very quick process as we simply scan in the pattern to our digital cutting machines.

You can locate the emblem against the outer edge of the door. I've included a picture of a set of mats for the Turbo Trans Am that was done this way. For shield type emblems, this is my preference. For longer word emblems, such as ESCALADE or CADILLAC script, etc., I like it vertical along the door jambs. A picture of what we do for the WS6 Trans Ams is included.

One more thing, on the trunk mats (and the floor mats), we make a clear vinyl protective mat to use during bad weather or when you are in dirty country (grassy areas, etc.) that protects your mats. What makes these mats different from most is that they are the EXACT same pattern as your floor or trunk mat. So, the fit is perfect and they match up along the edge exactly to our mats.

As for color, why not let me send you swatches of the colors that might best match up and you can compare them to your carpet and tell me which you like best. Often, its impossible to match up aftermarket mats to the exact same shade and grade of carpet used by the factory. So, you wind up with something that is very close, but slightly lighter or darker. We would rather you pick your color out based on your personal choices. So, we gladly send out free samples of our carpet. Just another part of our, hopefully excellent, service to try and get you the product you want.......and not what we think you would want.

We look forward to serving all Cadillac owners and providing them with our high quality products, most of which carry a lifetime warranty against material and workmanship defects (we challenge you to find this type warranty from any other supplier). Our products are GM Licensed to ensure quality. We've seen Lloyd mats and they are a high quality product. If I did not have our mats in my cars, I would have their mats.

Thanks and please ask any questions of us you like about any product of interest. In addition to those products we have, we are always in the process of developing new products. Right now, we are working on a couple of new items for 94-96 Impalas and the new GTO.

Alan
    www.carmotorsports.com
    1-877-FOR-CARZ
    car@carmotorsports.com
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.