Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Total CTS-V Production?

26K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Aurora40 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the production totals for the '04-'07 CTS-V? I did a search but didn't have any luck. A breakdown by year would be great. Thanks!

Rob Wilson
'04 Black Raven CTS-V
'03 Medium Spiral Gray Metallic Corvette

#6 ·
I have a wish that the new V2 will sell so strong, mainly because it's offered with the automatic, that the V series cars will become legendary and the resale value of all V models including the V1 will actually increase. The car's poor resale may be a result of low production numbers, which means people really don't see or own these cars in any great numbers to get excited about them. I bet the V2 will sell in the tens of thousands of units per year.

Mike

#10 ·
I have a wish that the new V2 will sell so strong, mainly because it's offered with the automatic, that the V series cars will become legendary and the resale value of all V models including the V1 will actually increase. The car's poor resale may be a result of low production numbers, which means people really don't see or own these cars in any great numbers to get excited about them. I bet the V2 will sell in the tens of thousands of units per year.

Mike
"Tens of thousands" at $65,000 - $75,000? I don't know about that! Just my opinion ....

#7 ·
I called cadillac and the best i got awhile back was instructions on how to find total cts production #'s and how to estimate # of v's. i was told gm has no accurate #'s or any further breakdown as to colors etc that we'd want. i will watch this to see if anyone has gotten other or further info.

#9 ·
According to the Cadillacfaq.com:

2004 production numbers = 2461
2005 production numbers = 3508

I don't know the other years...

#11 ·
I heard the regular CTS will sell about 75,000 for the 08 model. Thought at least the new V could be 10,000.

#14 ·
Not a lot of demand for a V with a truck engine in it ? (j/k :lildevil:)

I wonder how many came with no moonroof?

So much more headroom w/o one. Plus less weight, and more rigid. :woohoo:

-Chris

#18 ·
Yup, and only '898', 2007s were made and ONLY ~'89'~ Red Jewel Tintcoat, which is the same as Infrared. Very limited year/color.
~There were 508 black 2007s.
I think the reason for so few 2007s was because, 'word on the street' . . . sales were down, and GM was in the process of making a body/design change.
Obviously that did not occur until 2008 & of course no V til 2009 w/new drivetrain.

#17 ·
1201 and 184 seem low. there was another thread a while back that suggested ~3000/500 for the 06/infrared. total production numbers are guestimates, and the specific number for each color was based off market color preference; the order goes silver, red, black, and "blech"- my name for the 4th color. one can find the color trends in annual car industry magazines (I saw it in either Automotive Industries or Ward's AutoWorld). like others have said, finding exact numbers is hard for these.

interestingly, finding exact numbers for 04-06 GTOs is rather easy; Pontiac is quite open about production numbers for these. it is odd that one GM division can easily supply this information, and another division behaves as if national secrets rest with these numbers. Maybe ICBM launch codes are contained within our VINs.

can we take another angle at this? I'd like to know the VIN breakdown: what the letters and numbers mean. knowing this, one could perform a database search within GM (would need some inside help) on all the VINs to search out the unique components for these vehicles. I'm guessing there is a unique engine code and frame code.

#19 ·
Even of the super common 05s (4194) only 471 of them were Stealth Gray. Of those only 159 have light gray interiors.

I played around with Compnine some more and added up the 4 different color RPOs and the total was only 14 short of 4194 so I trust these numbers, at least for 05.

Maybe I'll make a spreadsheet with the years, exterior colors and interior color breakdown. But I can already see problems. My build sheet says light gray was RPO 135 but a GM RPO list for 05 says 133. Compnine says there WERE some 05s with 133 but they are much more rare than my 135 RPO. Yet both are supposedly light gray.

#20 ·
I've found Compnine to be quite accurate with the ZR-1's. I pulled the info for every car and compiled it into my own database and query interface. I've not heard of any discrepancies between the compnine data and actual owner data.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any good way to do the same with V's, because the VIN numbers are not predictable (they are a random subset of regular CTS VINs).

#22 ·
Another good use for Compnine. Moonroof is RPO CF5.

2004: 272 cars out of 2509 didn't opt for the optional roof.
2005: 315 cars out of 4194 didn't opt for the optional roof.

2006: 23 cars out of 1201 had the moonroof delete.
2007: 23 cars out of 898 had the moonroof delete.

Not sure on the accuracy of the 2006 and 2007 moonroof-delete cars but it's fair to say it will be very rare.

#25 ·
Well I listed moonroof data a couple posts up. Not sure if it's necessary to integrate by exterior and interior color, though.

As for FG2s, some cars, like mine, had them installed midway through their life so they won't be counted in these stats. Likewise, cars that had FG2s could feasibly have had them replaced by standard FE4 shocks.

FG2:
2004: 119 (5%)
2005: 870 (21%)
2006: 347 (29%)
2007: 306 (34%)

It is very interesting that the take rate increased every year. I wonder what caused that. A full third of 07s is much higher than I expected.

#27 ·
to kevm14
yeah, sorry about that just thought someone might want to know if they were the only one with a 2007 red with black interior gr2's and moonroof delete. you know something like that. to see how rare there car accually is.
thank you for all your work in putting that together though!!!
and that is very strange that the number went up from the first couple years, maybe the dealers wernt really putting it out there or maybe latter on people started getting on these forums and saw that the car was better with gr2 upgrade. if i knew there was a moonroof delete i would have waited to buy one without. kinda rare though.
anyways thanks again

#29 ·
I believe those figures are correct, checked a few other sites and close to the same numbers come up. Cadillac also sold these Vs overseas, so it doesn't seem that high.
Looks as if the 2007 last of first gen CTS V may be a desiralble rarity one day, due to its numbers or maybe not- since the 2006 has the same engine.

#30 ·
I'm obviously biased here, but my guess would be that the first of the V series (the 2004 MY) will ultimately be worth more in the collector car market. Also, the fact that the 2004s came with the LS6 which was only ever shared by the 2001-2004 C5 Z06s and you have a pretty collectible automobile. Of course, my V is and will be so highly modded that it will never be worth what a showroom stock V will be worth, so it doesn't really matter to me.

#31 ·
What's cool about the first gen CTS Vs is that it was manufacture to cater to racing enthusiast- being only available in manual trans. Just like the 2nd gen Vs its performance and handling was engineered in germany(so I heard, please correct me if Im wrong). Not to forget 2004-2007 was first time in a long time that Cadillac went back to track racing with their own car. So collector items, YES, one day when we're old and watching Barret Jackson on Speed Channel we'll say, "I owned that car back in the day", like I hear my parents say, when watching that show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.