Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody, just in, DVD hack, now playing DVD while car is in motion!! I am so psyched!! I wanted everyone to know that I am a true Contributor to the CTS-V Community!! My brother and I where out in the car determined to find a solution. It took us about ten minutes to figure out with no wiring changes! You have to image the look on each other faces when we know we got it to work. When I released the parking break and the screen stayed on we were dieing!! I also want to give crate to eyeforthectsvguy! He lead me in the right direction.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12591

Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)

Step 1
    Put in DVD.
    Step 2
    Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
    Step 3
    While playing - Hold the ‘forward seek’ button then hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen. (You will see a little flicker)
    Step 4
    Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
    Step 5
    Enjoy

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.

Hope everyone enjoys, get the word out and be safe. If there are any questions with my instruction let me know and I will be more specific.

Other notes:
    I got DVD-R to play fine in mine, but the +R are having some problems.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wrk Car is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!!

Just tried and it works.The drive to work will be fun tomorrow.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Oh, ya, I'm sure this won't cause any accidents! Make sure to also smoke, and dial your cell phone, while you clip you finger nails. :rolleyes2 How about watching the road instead! It's pretty sad when people get bored driving, when that is the most important responsibility behind the wheel.

Note to self: Must buy large SUV to be safe.

HAHA, funny. The reason I wanted it is for everyone else in the car. I mean you can fit 4 additional passengers in the car. That is a lot of people who can watch, especially when you are on a trip. And in town I can look down once I am at a red light. Probably not best to watch a movie you never seen before. But if you are so upset about this why don’t you complain about the people who read books in their car? I will see people flying around a turn with a book in their hand not pay attention. Go get them and leave the DVD watchers to themselves!
    Drew1Down and Drew1Down like this.

Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks..

My kids also thank you.

Joe
    New Orleans

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

So if you start playing the DVD before you're rolling this is great. But what about those 4+ hour trips where you might want to start with a CD or two and then throw in a movie. I guess you have to pull over.

Are all features disabled, such as Pause, FFWD, REV? I assume volume still works. If you go to the radio, can you come back?

Brian

Yes, volume still works. No you can not fast foward. If you switch to raido you can not go back to watching the movie. If you get good at it you could pull over real fast, push the break in a little bit, hit the button, then go on.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

posted on the FAQ..

I will add pictures later.. Thanks clinton...

Reed

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hey, you guys are the bomb! Good find.....

Pays to be patient. I know some one would crack it>>>>

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    HAHA, funny. The reason I wanted it is for everyone else in the car. I mean you can fit 4 additional passengers in the car.
    I respect that. I certainly wouldn't recommend reading a book while driving either, but people do stupid things. God must love stupid people because he made a lot of them.

If I were travelling I would find this feature more useful if I could get local tv stations for weather warnings, news, etc. But I would listen and not look from the driver's seat. The problem is, some drivers will be looking at the screen while driving.

If State laws change, I hope you can set it back to the factory setting, for example, if you are involved in an accident, and they see that you screen has been modded to allow the driver to watch, you might be in trouble?

George B is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    If I were travelling I would find this feature more useful if I could get local tv stations for weather warnings, news, etc.
    Ralph,
    The European CTS I drove did have a TV tuner. I don't know how much difference there is between the European and the US spec NAV systems but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to add a tuner.

BTW I am with you about the DVD playing in a moving vehicle. I don't see how it would be possible not to be distracted by it.

George

shaggygrosser is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

In Clinton's defense, he did put the "be safe" disclaimer along with his DVD tip. Kudos, I'm hoping everyone takes that to heart.

But, I've noticed that the CTS has a driver-oriented dash (with the display and controls tilted towards the driver), so having a DVD play for your passengers from the regular display could be kind of a pain in the neck the passengers to watch for an extended time ( ~2 hours a movie).

If the motivation to playing DVDs on the go was geared for the passengers, then mounting LCD screens to the back of the headrests and in the passenger sunvisor would be a kinder (and more expensive) option.

To each their own, but please keep eyes on the road, and hands on the wheel & shifter. Cheers.

Uber-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Excellent! I find it important that I get to choose the features I can control..........not some liability freak. Keep this going and hopefully we can figure out how to get all DVD and NAV features while driving. I can do it on the wife's MDX and we keep it safe, fun and efficient.

Vettin Man is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice job Clinton!! I'll be trying it out when I get home.

haveboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank you along with my family. We were going to the Fl Keys this weekend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.