Clunk from front driver side suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Clunk from front driver side suspension in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm getting a small clunk from front drivers side. I usually hear it best when I'm going slow and over ...
    ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Clunk from front driver side suspension

I'm getting a small clunk from front drivers side. I usually hear it best when I'm going slow and over small bumps. I had it on the lift just the other day to change all the fluids and I can see nothing wrong.

I checked all the hardware and everything is tight. I cant see anything that looks like it has been hitting or rubbing anything. Could it be a strut? Strut mount? Also sounds like I have a squeaky lower A arm bushing I need to fix.

I also have a very small coolant leak. I've had the radiator, waterpump, and the coolant bypass replaced. It looks like its coming down the driver side of the motor toward the front.

I can see the residue on the pan and some metal lines at the front of the pan but didn't feel like tearing the car apart to find it. Very very small leak too. Haven't added fluid for over 7 months but every once and a while you can smell it when you get out of the car.

Any suspect lines or hoses I should check first? I'll tear into it this weekend but would be nice to have a starting point.

I have never had so many problems from one car but I'm in love and I'm willing to make this relationship between man and machine work as long I have the money! lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Re: Clunk from front driver side suspension

Probably the strut bearing as I have one that makes a rattling noise over bumps. It is also part of the upper control arm so it will not be cheap.

Norm

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Fluid probably leaked out of the strut. Same thing happened to mine with identical symptoms to yours.

Thanks guys! Anybody else with similar problems?

bri6201 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Black Raven

I have a clunk that also sounds likes it is coming from the front driver side suspension. It only is around when it is cold. I took it to the dealership, but unfortunately it was warm out. The techs couldn't find a problem. Have to wait until it is cold out I guess. Only 500 miles left until warranty expires for me.

I also had low coolant. They replaced the radiator for the third time. The radiator only leaks when there is high pressure. I wash hoping its the radiator, but maybe I have another problem.

Yeah my coolant light came on today on the way home. About 7 months isn't bad I guess, for this car anyway. lol

I hope its only a loose hose clamp or something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.