Changing State in NAV issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Changing State in NAV issue in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I recently found out that I'm having issues with my GM Nav disc. I have a 05 CTS-V and the ...
    kueh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Changing State in NAV issue

I recently found out that I'm having issues with my GM Nav disc. I have a 05 CTS-V and the NAV Disc that came with the vehicle works fine (P/N: 25766899). I got an update disc back in Nov. 06 (P/N: 25813529) and it seems to be working fine. I never traveled outside of my state until recently and I had to use the NAV system. I couldn't change my State in my address. I would press Enter Address, then press State and it would give me a "No Data Match". I thought it was a problem with the NAV system, so I brought it into my Cadillac Service Center and since I was getting problems with other issues with paint flaking and CD disc popping, they replaced the whole nav console. But it still won't work. My service Manager told me to call up GM Nav Disc to see what they can do for me and they won't help me because I didn't report the problem within 30 days. Now I'm stuck needing to buy another disc for $199 or the older '07 disc for $99. I'm not even sure if I get the new disc if it'll work properly. Any ideas on what I can do? Any tech people that might know of a bug that I need to have taken care of? I'm going to be going out of state more often and would need to NAV. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Changing State in NAV issue

If you can, I would insert the flash cd and see what happens.

I would assume that they already flashed the NAV since they just replaced the whole unit. Mmm.... I'll try to dig up my CD that they send me to flash it.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Don't assume anything.

It's safer that way.

The_Groundhog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

I had my NAV replaced and it came with the old flash. I complained to the dealer because the old one was flashed and they ordered me a new NAV disc and flash CD.

Is there a way to see what flash version I have on my Nav? What version of Firmware should I have?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.