Who documents mods/maint/etc?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who documents mods/maint/etc? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I didn't do much more than maintenance and mods in the beginning, but I now keep a log of everything ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Who documents mods/maint/etc?

I didn't do much more than maintenance and mods in the beginning, but I now keep a log of everything I do to my car -- maintenance such oil changes, diffs , etc, plus gasoline usage. I have the date and the mileage logged in for everything and usually put part numbers of stuff in there, too. The three hanging files I have in our file cabinet include all kinds of stuff, even stuff I never did but was considering at one point. I haven't logged in the times I Zaino'd the car, but maybe I should start doing that.

Anybody else carry this to the absurd, too?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Who documents mods/maint/etc?

My log is my bank account and receipts.

It is starting to look as thick as "War & Peace".

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

When I got the CTS-V I also got a little briefcase and a notebook and began to log every event with the car, any work done to it, mods added, etc and kept all reciepts for anything purchased for the car as well as copies of it's PCM tunes on CDROM. So if by some chance someone here local purchases her from the dealership and signs up in the forum, I could pass all of that along to them. (If they wanted it).

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    My log is my bank account and receipts.

It is starting to look as thick as "War & Peace".

Heh, same here.

Just got my 2007 expenses list from my accountant. over $5k last year in gas. Now that is .

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

I dedicated a drawer in my office for such, as would not want the wifey to see how I am spending her retirement. It mainly consists of receipts for parts and dealer visits, and dwarfs any business file I have. Never have logged mileage, as may force me to change my driving style.

jashearer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2006 ESV

I keep a spreadsheet for all my vehicles that I update religiously on the first of every month with current miles, any mods or maintenance during the month.

I've been doing it for 3-4 years, and it really helps when selling vehicles, especially to some one as particular as me

Of course it could just be than I'm and anal accountant... who knows...

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Absolutely, have a binder full of stuff, even relevant TSB's.
    Also a hard drive full of FAQ how-to's and informative forum posts.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    I dedicated a drawer in my office for such, as would not want the wifey to see how I am spending her retirement.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
    I keep a spreadsheet for all my vehicles that I update religiously on the first of every month with current miles, any mods or maintenance during the month.

I've been doing it for 3-4 years, and it really helps when selling vehicles, especially to some one as particular as me.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    Absolutely, have a binder full of stuff, even relevant TSB's.
    Also a hard drive full of FAQ how-to's and informative forum posts.
    And.. yep
    I even do this for my '92 p/u trk. Talk about anal.

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

All maintenance records and dealer visits. I keep all the work orders. Also keep all the invoices for the mods.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

I'm keep all my records as well, including writing down the mileage, part numbers, etc when I do my own maintenance (which is more often than not).

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

For the purposes of resale (yeah right, I'm NEVER sellin'), to help protect the warranty, and to track the life of a part/a fluid/other consumable in terms of mileage, I think a reasonably scrupulous log is vital.

For example, changing tires back and forth between seasons, I'd lose track of how many miles I'm getting on a given set if I didn't have a record.

So, I'm glad to see others regard this endeavor as having some worth, too.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

calicadi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Yep. I keep a spreadsheet so I can track dates, dollars and miles for service and mods. Hardcopies of receipts, work orders, installation instructions and warranty info goes in a binder. I must admit this is the first car I've owned that I've gone to this level of detail. Then again ths is the best car I've ever owned!

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I put it all in www.mygmlink.com

Anything done at the dealership automatically ends up there and I enter mods or any work I've done myself (like oil changes). I seem to recall someone on the board that would provide their dealership with supplies (oil and filter) and have them do the labor just so it would be recorded on mygmlink.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.