Lovin' my Toyo T1-Rs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Lovin' my Toyo T1-Rs in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; This summer I had about 1/2 tread left on my rear F1 GSD3's in 275. My fronts were toast though ...
    Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Lovin' my Toyo T1-Rs

This summer I had about 1/2 tread left on my rear F1 GSD3's in 275. My fronts were toast though so I put on Toyo T1R in 245s. Tracked that setup and did very well with them (see vid below). Well, I had my diff fluid changed the other day and noticed that BOTH rear tires had small nails in them. I might have been able to squeeze a few thousand more miles out of them if I had them patched but patches scare me and I really wanted matching tires anyway. So, $600 later, I have 275 Toyo T1-R on the rears. I have to say, they waaaaay outperform the Goodyears in many ways. Wet traction is definitely better. Dry is definitely better. And they are sooooo much quieter. I might even go so far as to say that wheelhop is less! Now, I know the first few millimeters of the thread are the stickiest part of the tires but I don't remember the Goodyears ever feeling this confidence-inspiring. Just my .02!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Lovin' my Toyo T1-Rs

I completely agree. I have had those tires on my car for about two years now and really love them. You can see in my sig that I have slightly wider in the rear but that is mostly for the look (and to keep rolling diameter mostly the same in front and rear), not really for noticable performance gains.

Right now I have about 14,000 miles (1 full day track day) on the tires and they need replaced. I am strongly considering the Toyo R888s, that Chef had. But, they only come in 235/zr19 front and 295/zr19 rear and I don't know if I want to go any narrower in front (although the race compound might make up for the loss of width) and I have slight rubbing issues with my 285s as it is, so I also am leary of going any wider in the back.

Do any of you guys have any thoughts on this?

These tires ROCK. (also they are the best looking tread pattern out there IMHO.

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

Seattle, are your 275's on the stock rear wheels?

keithsm2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' Stealth Gray V, UUC STS, 11 V Coupe, W. Diamond, B&B Ex

tweeter...how about some pics of those wheels and tires??

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

I have had those on my car since I got it. How do the Goodyear RS-As compare to the T1Rs?

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    Seattle, are your 275's on the stock rear wheels?

Yep, stock wheels. They actually look a tiny bit skinnier than the GSD3s did even though that were both 275s. I've tracked 275s on the stock rims 3-4 times w/o any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I have had those on my car since I got it. How do the Goodyear RS-As compare to the T1Rs?

I don't think the RS-As are in the same ultra-hp category and therefore aren't as sticky. I could be wrong.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Here a couple of pix as requested:

Also look at the thread titled ("D3 CTS-V Body Kit") for a great pic of how the tires look from the rear!

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Seattle CTS-V,
    Thanks for the report. I'm looking to replace my F1s and while I love these tires in the dry... they haven't been too fun in all the snow we've been getting in Kitsap County. I had 4-6" this morning - the V stayed home...

I've been looking for something that won't give up too much in the dry, but with more tread and better wet performance. Good to know the T1-Rs fit in 275, that opens up a lot more options.

CBVLS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

Ive had several sets of T1-r's on my cars in the past, I always had nothing but praise for them and they look awesome. I think that the fact that the tires weigh signifigantly less then the stockers, which helps lower the unsprung wheel weight, reduces the wheelhop in some cases.

I just wanted to add that I have a set of BFGoodrich G-Force KDW's on the car now and I really like them also. They have great traction, both wet & dry, and seem to help with wheelhop also. I would def. compare them to the Toyo's, for those of you who aren't familiar with the tire I included a pic.

Just wanted to give my .02cents

G--
    G-- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali

CBVLS6, I have about 11K on my KDWs, and have loved the performance (for the money). However, they have gotten increasing louder over the last 1-2K, to the point where I have to make a concious effort to turn up the radio on the highway in order not to get the "tire roar". Have you had this issue, or are yours still quiet? I had no issues with noise up until about a month ago....
    BigJim has mentioned (more than once) the Dunlop SPortMaxx that seems to be getting high marks (once again, for the money). This may be my next option, since I just cannot bring myself to fork over Michelin Pilot Sport money...

CBVLS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by G-- View Post
    CBVLS6, I have about 11K on my KDWs, and have loved the performance (for the money). However, they have gotten increasing louder over the last 1-2K, to the point where I have to make a concious effort to turn up the radio on the highway in order not to get the "tire roar". Have you had this issue, or are yours still quiet? I had no issues with noise up until about a month ago....
    BigJim has mentioned (more than once) the Dunlop SPortMaxx that seems to be getting high marks (once again, for the money). This may be my next option, since I just cannot bring myself to fork over Michelin Pilot Sport money...
    I have not run into this problem... what do you have your tires inflated to?
    I am also running nitrogen in my tires which is superior to compressed air in many ways. I have read, and can confirm that it minimized tire pressure increase related with heated gas expansion from prolonged driving. It's also supposed to delay the tire compound from chemically aging from oxygen permeation. I have about 8k on mine and they are as quiet as when I first had them.

Next, I have had the Dunlop sportmaxx's and really disliked them, although they were quiet. I didn't like there traction and also the fact that they would squeal at what seemed to be mild sporty driving/turning.

- Colin

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Have these sitting in my garage now

Hootie-Hoo!

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

If T1Rs are your choice, these guys sell them cheap:

http://www.tiredeals4less.com/index.cfm

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    If T1Rs are your choice, these guys sell them cheap:

http://www.tiredeals4less.com/index.cfm
    I bought a set of Falken RT-615's from Edgeracing. They shipped the same day, and had them 2 days later via UPS ground. No issues with them at all:

http://www.edgeracing.com/tires/2454018/ (note these are 245/40's, which are 20/tire less than the 245/45's)

I took a look at tiredeals, and edge was $.06 (that's six cents) more expensive .

If you do order online, it's good to check where the tires will be shipped from, as that will definately affect the shipping cost and time. Pick a supplier with a warehouse nearest to you. For example TD4L appears to be out of Illinois, where as Edgeracing is in FL.

My $0.02,

Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.