Rear strut braces in stock
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear strut braces in stock in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; in stock and ready to go!!! $150.00 plus a little shipping this a great handling MOD for the low price!! ...
    Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Rear strut braces in stock

in stock and ready to go!!! $150.00 plus a little shipping this a great handling MOD for the low price!! heres why you need one.....

The purpose of strut bars is to reduce flex that these towers experience during hard cornering. When taking a turn a car's strut tower normally flex, resulting body flex and losing some traction. As a strut tower bar is designed to keep your car's strut tower from flexing, they distribute the pressure applied to one strut tower when taking a turn to both towers instead of just one. This keeps the wheels in position. Keeping the wheels in position helps keep the tires in the desired position on the road, and this will help to improve traction on the turns.
    A rear strut bar minimizes under steer due to less chassis flex and improves stability during corner braking

give me a call to order.
    Attached Images
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JBCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Rear strut braces in stock

Do you have any install instructions? Thanks

Wads56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-V

Am I the only one that thinks this mod will do nothing except look cool? I don't see how there is any "side load stress" on the rear shocks, or the tower. The only stress it will see is the shock doing it job and that is a up and down motion. The fronts will see side stress because the strut/spring are mounted directly to the tower.

Bueller is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I got this from Luke and I think it made a nice difference. I take the curvy way home and push it a bit. The car seems more planted when getting on the gas exiting a corner, and I can get on the gas earlier with less wheel spin. The finish quality is excellent and a great price.

If you're just driving miss daisey you wouldn't ever notice. Only passengers riding in the trunk, and your groceries will know how cool this makes you. I recommend chrome wheel wells and window pillars.

The V is a very good platform to begin with but can be made quite a bit better with a few simple mods. The Search is your friend. This wouldn't be my first mod. Seriously, This just makes the car a bit more stable when cornering at the edge of tire grip and getting on the gas early.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Wads56 View Post
    ... this mod will do nothing except look cool? ...
    It's a babe magnet.

j/k It's probably subtle and perceptible to only the more discriminating car guys.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

I actually just installed mine yesterday. I'm not going to pretend I've noticed any difference yet, but it has been raining so I haven't got a chance to drive on dry pavement yet.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Wads56 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this mod will do nothing except look cool? I don't see how there is any "side load stress" on the rear shocks, or the tower. The only stress it will see is the shock doing it job and that is a up and down motion. The fronts will see side stress because the strut/spring are mounted directly to the tower.

I dunno, I would think that anytime you connect both sides of the car together you'd be adding stiffness to the whole structure. If you cut the roof off of your car I'm pretty sure you'll experience less rigidity and more flex. The connectors aren't simply connecting to the shocks, they're tying together the frame.

Not sure if it would make those people who actually put down their rear seats to haul cargo very happy.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V View Post
    I dunno, I would think that anytime you connect both sides of the car together you'd be adding stiffness to the whole structure. If you cut the roof off of your car I'm pretty sure you'll experience less rigidity and more flex. The connectors aren't simply connecting to the shocks, they're tying together the frame.

Not sure if it would make those people who actually put down their rear seats to haul cargo very happy.
    I had one installed by Lindsay. This is one of this things I should have done myself. It doesn't get much easier than this mod. Just a hole in the carpet, unscrew 4 bolts, fit the bar, tighten the 4 bolts, stiffen up the bar. Done.

I ran my car at VIR the next day. The car did seem to be tighter in the rear (have a filed day w/ that one). I had suspension issues (not realted to this mod at all), part way through the first day, so I didn't really get to test this to the max.

As for the cargo thing. It takes all of 2 minutes to remove the bar, once you have the intial brackets installed. I don't haul much stuff that way, but it's not a big deal to pull the bar once it's in there (only unscrew 2 bolts, and it's out).

This was a good, cheap mod.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Maybe Nels or some you others that have installed the strut brace can answer this. Is there supposed to be some play in the bolt that attaches the end plates to the cross bar? It seems kinda excessive. Just thinkin that since the bar's function is to tie down the two sides of the car, you'd want a bit less play. Just checkin' to see if the piece is missing a bushing or something.

Nels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    Maybe Nels or some you others that have installed the strut brace can answer this. Is there supposed to be some play in the bolt that attaches the end plates to the cross bar? It seems kinda excessive. Just thinkin that since the bar's function is to tie down the two sides of the car, you'd want a bit less play. Just checkin' to see if the piece is missing a bushing or something.
    Once the rear brace is in place, the bar bolts get tighten untill all the play in the plate taken up and the bolts are tight.

Wads56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-V

I may be wrong I don't have one. I just thought I would add my .02

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thanks for the confirmation, Nels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nels View Post
    Once the rear brace is in place, the bar bolts get tighten untill all the play in the plate taken up and the bolts are tight.

Mine is nice and tight.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    I had one installed by Lindsay. This is one of this things I should have done myself. It doesn't get much easier than this mod. Just a hole in the carpet, unscrew 4 bolts, fit the bar, tighten the 4 bolts, stiffen up the bar. Done.

I ran my car at VIR the next day. The car did seem to be tighter in the rear (have a filed day w/ that one). I had suspension issues (not realted to this mod at all), part way through the first day, so I didn't really get to test this to the max.

As for the cargo thing. It takes all of 2 minutes to remove the bar, once you have the intial brackets installed. I don't haul much stuff that way, but it's not a big deal to pull the bar once it's in there (only unscrew 2 bolts, and it's out).

This was a good, cheap mod.

-Chris
    How big of a hole do you have? How I did mine, there's no way that I could take it off that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    How big of a hole do you have? How I did mine, there's no way that I could take it off that quickly.
    My hole is nice and small. How loing does it take to put the seat down, and move the carpeting? Not very long.

-Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.