Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rear strut braces in stock

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  trukk 
#1 ·
in stock and ready to go!!! $150.00 plus a little shipping this a great handling MOD for the low price!! heres why you need one.....

The purpose of strut bars is to reduce flex that these towers experience during hard cornering. When taking a turn a car's strut tower normally flex, resulting body flex and losing some traction. As a strut tower bar is designed to keep your car's strut tower from flexing, they distribute the pressure applied to one strut tower when taking a turn to both towers instead of just one. This keeps the wheels in position. Keeping the wheels in position helps keep the tires in the desired position on the road, and this will help to improve traction on the turns.
A rear strut bar minimizes under steer due to less chassis flex and improves stability during corner braking

give me a call to order.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Am I the only one that thinks this mod will do nothing except look cool? I don't see how there is any "side load stress" on the rear shocks, or the tower. The only stress it will see is the shock doing it job and that is a up and down motion. The fronts will see side stress because the strut/spring are mounted directly to the tower.

#7 ·
I dunno, I would think that anytime you connect both sides of the car together you'd be adding stiffness to the whole structure. If you cut the roof off of your car I'm pretty sure you'll experience less rigidity and more flex. The connectors aren't simply connecting to the shocks, they're tying together the frame.

Not sure if it would make those people who actually put down their rear seats to haul cargo very happy.

#14 ·
I had one installed by Lindsay. This is one of this things I should have done myself. It doesn't get much easier than this mod. Just a hole in the carpet, unscrew 4 bolts, fit the bar, tighten the 4 bolts, stiffen up the bar. Done.

I ran my car at VIR the next day. The car did seem to be tighter in the rear (have a filed day w/ that one). I had suspension issues (not realted to this mod at all), part way through the first day, so I didn't really get to test this to the max.

As for the cargo thing. It takes all of 2 minutes to remove the bar, once you have the intial brackets installed. I don't haul much stuff that way, but it's not a big deal to pull the bar once it's in there (only unscrew 2 bolts, and it's out).

This was a good, cheap mod.

-Chris
How big of a hole do you have? How I did mine, there's no way that I could take it off that quickly.

#15 ·
How big of a hole do you have? How I did mine, there's no way that I could take it off that quickly.
My hole is nice and small. How loing does it take to put the seat down, and move the carpeting? Not very long.

-Chris

#4 ·
I got this from Luke and I think it made a nice difference. I take the curvy way home and push it a bit. The car seems more planted when getting on the gas exiting a corner, and I can get on the gas earlier with less wheel spin. The finish quality is excellent and a great price.

If you're just driving miss daisey you wouldn't ever notice. Only passengers riding in the trunk, and your groceries will know how cool this makes you. I recommend chrome wheel wells and window pillars.

The V is a very good platform to begin with but can be made quite a bit better with a few simple mods. The Search is your friend. This wouldn't be my first mod. Seriously, This just makes the car a bit more stable when cornering at the edge of tire grip and getting on the gas early.

#6 ·
I actually just installed mine yesterday. I'm not going to pretend I've noticed any difference yet, but it has been raining so I haven't got a chance to drive on dry pavement yet.

#9 ·
Maybe Nels or some you others that have installed the strut brace can answer this. Is there supposed to be some play in the bolt that attaches the end plates to the cross bar? It seems kinda excessive. Just thinkin that since the bar's function is to tie down the two sides of the car, you'd want a bit less play. Just checkin' to see if the piece is missing a bushing or something.

#16 ·
Hmm, I don't remember being able to access it that easily. Maybe I'll have to go look again, but I thought that once the molded carpet was in the only way to the bolt was behind the rubber that is behind the side portions of the seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.