Don't want to spend a lot on race slicks? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Don't want to spend a lot on race slicks? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by atdeneve I thought the Radial Cup Tires didn't have any grooves. The ones you have pictured look ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Don't want to spend a lot on race slicks?

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    I thought the Radial Cup Tires didn't have any grooves. The ones you have pictured look like they got four grooves. And what's the width on those INVOs? They look narrow as hell next to the 245 Hoosiers. They're not for the V are they? Look like they're 195s.
    Those grooves will wear off after 1 track day. That width discrepancy is partially an optical illusion. On the Hoosiers, the sidewall is square with the tread. Most street tires will look like the Invos. Although, the Hoosiers usually run wide anyway...

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Nice! They even come with the yellow Hoosier lettering now...
    Heh, I love the white lettering. Nothing say's: "No seriously, I'm going to kick your @ss" better than those white letters. Reminds me of the old Goodyear tires from the 60's with the 3" tall letters.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    Heh, I love the white lettering. Nothing say's: "No seriously, I'm going to kick your @ss" better than those white letters. Reminds me of the old Goodyear tires from the 60's with the 3" tall letters.

-Chris
    So true. It makes me want to go out and get tire markers and fill mine in...

slothV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Those grooves will wear off after 1 track day. That width discrepancy is partially an optical illusion. On the Hoosiers, the sidewall is square with the tread. Most street tires will look like the Invos. Although, the Hoosiers usually run wide anyway...

The Invos are 245s as well, but the Hoosiers are definately a little wider - about 9/10th of an inch.
    Attached Images

Good question. I would ASSume, that the compound may be a bit softer on these.

-Chris
    Looks like I ASSumed wrong. While I couldn;t find a write up about the 2006 Grand Am tires, I did find the info that Hoosier put out when they dicontinued their 2004 Grand Am tires:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Website;
    DISCONTINUED GRAND AMERICAN CUP TIRES
    These tires were used in the Grand American Cup Series in 2004. They are based on the Hoosier R3S03 design. While these look like the R3S03 model, they are not DOT designated. They have added enhancements of a steel belt and an endurance compound. The performance level is quite high. These tires are very predictable and provide very good wear characteristics.
    http://www.hoosiertire.com/discgam4.HTM

With that in mind, guess what I just bought

HOOO HOOO (yeeee hoooo!)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/80NNwyEDMoc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/80NNwyEDMoc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq

A white box?

A white box?
    FLARN.

YouTube tag not workie?

What's the key to embeding a youtube video? I usually don't do that since I usually post from work, where YouTube is normally blocked.

-Chris

BTW, it was just some chicks singing HOOOO HOOOO (for my new Hoo-Hoo's Biotchix)

[YOUTUBE]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=80NNwyEDMoc[/YOUTUBE]

Try it again.

-Chris

[youtube]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=80NNwyEDMoc[/youtube]

Try it again.

-Chris
    ARGH RAGGLE FLAGGLE.

How the F does the youtube tag work?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=80NNwyEDMoc

-Chris

By this point, my gay ass link is defintaly no longer funny (it was marginal at best before I had to ask for tech support).

Click the YouTube tab. Insert the embed code (YOUTUBE) here (/YOUTUBE)

The embedded code is everything after the = symbol...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

Copy from the 'embeded' linkbox on the youtube page?

I did that above, and it didn;t work.

I tried posting in the embeded code with no tags, nothing.

I tried linking via the URL tag, with just the URL (and again just a while box).

I tried putting the standard URL inbetween the YOUTUBE tags, and that didn't work either.

Throw me a bone. Take a screenshot of what it should look like.

-Chris

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

[*YOUTUBE]80NNwyEDMoc[/YOUTUBE]

(ignore the *)

For each YouTube video there is a URL. There is also an embedding code, ignore that. Here is a video for a CTS-V. The URL is this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7M2066FOUc

What you want is everything after the =

So you add this in between the YouTube codes: V7M2066FOUc

And this will pop out:

[YOUTUBE]V7M2066FOUc[/YOUTUBE]

OK, so I bought some Hoosiers! Weee

[YOUTUBE]80NNwyEDMoc[/YOUTUBE]

-Chris

[Clip was definately not worth 10 posts worth of tech support, but WTF.]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.