Any Short Shift Kit Avail Yet???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Any Short Shift Kit Avail Yet??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Any Kit For The Cts-v Yet? Thanks...
    EYEFORTHECTSVGUY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any Short Shift Kit Avail Yet???

Any Kit For The Cts-v Yet? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Any Short Shift Kit Avail Yet???

None that I am aware of. They say the GTO kit may fit the V because of the way the trans is mounted. I am looking for one also, so here's hoping.

Rob Ketcham is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Any Short Shift Kit Avail Yet???

What I learned about the shifter is that is not like either the SS Camero I used to have, or like the Vette. If this is so, then nothing on the market that I am aware of would work.

As explained to me, it is a more European type design with two rods going into the transmission. It was speculated, by a guy that had changed motors and played around with his V that the slop is due to the rubber bushings.

The other problem is you can't get to the top of the transmission like you could with my SS Camero. On that car I put in a B&M ripper sifter and it was a big improvement, but all you had to do was get to the top of the transmission by taking off the tunnel cover.
    If you drop your transmission down a bit on the V from underneath you will be able to see the bushings. I am hoping that someone will duplicate them using polyurethane and that will firm things up.
    Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.