I Found Part Of Diag Screen N Navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I Found Part Of Diag Screen N Navigation in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I Found A Diagnostic Screen On The Navi, Hit The Main Menu Button Then Hit The Setup Menu, There Is ...
    EYEFORTHECTSVGUY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I Found Part Of Diag Screen N Navigation

I Found A Diagnostic Screen On The Navi, Hit The Main Menu Button Then Hit The Setup Menu, There Is A Blank Button On The Right Hand Side Of The Screen, It Says Srv???? Hold That Button In And Hold The Right Side Of The Seek/scan Button For 3 Sec Then Release, The Screen Then Displys The Rev Number And Asks For Cold Boot Of Nav And Return To Fatory/ This Is A Start! I Think Of The Diag Creen To Get The Dvd System To Play While Moving, If We All Work Togehter We Can Crack This Thing? Just My 2 Cents Worth! Just Bought My Cts-v A Few Days Ago It Is Silver W/tan...very Impressive Power And Nice Ride, Only 225 Miles So Have Not Got Into Her Hard Yet.....can't Wait For Short Shifter The Throws Are Way To Long, My Hand Hits The Ash Try Cover When V1 Is Lugged In, Love You Forum, Just Added The Cold Air Kit From More Performance, Nice Setup, The Install Was Not As Easy As Stated In The Instructions, There Were Several Mistakes That I Found........

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: I Found Part Of Diag Screen N Navigation

I agree with the more performace install. It was very hard with a lot of problem. But i think it is a good setup. I am taking it to the rack next month, so we will see. Also i am very excited about the dig screen. I want to crack that thing to. I will mess with it soon! Everyone else need to try

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Where is the "srv" button that you are referring to.. I cant find this button.

I dont have any BLANK buttons, but I do have a grayed out "Prog SWC" button (program steering wheel control for the Base CTS- hence grayed out on CTS-V due to no programmable steering control). is this the button you are refferring to? What are your options when you get to the "service" screen?

Reed

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadss
    Where is the "srv" button that you are referring to.. I cant find this button.

I dont have any BLANK buttons, but I do have a grayed out "Prog SWC" button (program steering wheel control for the Base CTS- hence grayed out on CTS-V due to no programmable steering control). is this the button you are refferring to? What are your options when you get to the "service" screen?

Reed
    I did this, by hitting the "Prog SWC" and Forward "Seek" simultaneously and got the diag screen but I don't have a clue what to do next after that.

If need be I can post a pic of the diag display, not sure how that would help.

-Ben

EYEFORTHECTSVGUY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sorry guys it is the "Prog SWC" and Forward "Seek" buttons, i got to the same screen don't know what this screen is for i thought maybe it was a starting point for the other screen everyone is trying to find, at least we know the foreward seek button is a factor in the program modes, thanks

To let everyone know the top instruction are slightly over kill. All you have to do is hold the seek key to the right and hit the second to last button, release. You can be on any screen to do this and do not have to hold for 3 seconds. I have not figured anything else out. Keep us posted!

WRH
    WRH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Prog SWC and forward Seek take you to two options, Cold Boot the system, I don't know what that does other than cold booting the system... The other one Resets all personal options. It was helpful to me because it got rid of someone elses name which was in the repaird GPS system I got. Unfortunately I still cannot reporgram the personal data because sitting still the car thinks it is moving forward..... Is it possible the technician at Cadillac who put in the repaired system left something un-connected ?

wr

Rubberdee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade

Exclamation Re: I Found Part Of Diag Screen N Navigation

Recal. your gps , will fix issue??

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

This is from another post.... It is proven to work on the XLR/SRX NAV ..and with full control of all functions just by entering 1791 at the NAV service screen..... It does however reset itself after the car is shut off.

Edited copy of the post;

>This trick is for the XLR/SRX , by hitting the sound button above the round volume button for 3 seconds (This puts the NAV headunit into service mode). You then enter code 1791, and then you hit ENTER..... Then RETURN button....... Then IMAGE button..... Then you watch DVDs playing with fully functioning headunit controls..

Again..... it resets after you shut the M/V off.

NOW... If the CTS/XLR/SRX NAV headunit radios are all manufactured by the same manufacturer....... Maybe entering 1791 from the service menu of the CTS-V NAV radio will do the same thing.

I do not have NAV so i cannot try it..... Let me know.

miamipimp33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

does this work only on the manual cts-v or does it work on the automatic 3.6 too?

should work on all DVD systems (some 3.6 03 and earlier) have cd-rom systems... not those..

Reed

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Bringing up an old issue, but was just curious as to what this screen is used for. I had my radio replaced last week because of a jammed cd (very efficient eh?). I was just browsing through the menus and came across the "Prog SWC" button. It was not grayed out but I was able to simply click the button and enter the menu. There are a bunch of settings buttons on the right with + and - settings. If you want/need further details and screenshots I could do that. Anyone?

Some units that are replaced have this feature enabled.

I had a unit like this when I had the SWC wired in.. Without wiring in the SWC buttons this soft key wont do anything but let you set nonexistant buttons.

Reed

SNhadley is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, this works as stated. I am told that there is also another code that allows one to play a dvd from slot one of the cd player. Does anyone know that code?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.