Tire sensor issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Tire sensor issues in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Today I got new tires on the car. Much to my chagrin, as I was having the guy adjust the ...
    Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Tire sensor issues

Today I got new tires on the car. Much to my chagrin, as I was having the guy adjust the PSI, the gauges were reading the wrong tire. This seems to point to the fact that the sensors are TIRE SPECIFIC (since it didn't appear to re-learn the new tire locations...yet at least) which seems a little odd to me. I didn't have any warnings coming home where I hit 80+ mph so I don't think it's a BIG deal, but if I do have a blowout or PSI problems it will of course read the wrong tire.

So if this bothers you, make sure to mark your tires as you take em off to have the tires changed. For tire rotation I guess they have to take the tire OFF and switch it and re-inflate. Can anyone corrobrate this?

- C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DarthVader Guest

Re: Tire sensor issues

Yes, the sensors are wheel specific. The dealer can reprogram them to read the correct locations again.

Cal

Doh. Seems kinda stupid, no? How are you supposed to rotate tires other than at the dealer. Hmm...maybe it's making a little more sense now.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

DarthVader Guest

Good job Ben, that's even better! No silly stealer trips!

So did the home instruction set for reprogramming work for you?

-Ben

Cal

Haven't tried it, to be honest the pressure is about right I don't want to F with it (I have no compressor at home) if I had known at the shop today I would have done it there. If there's a problem at the track on Sat. I will take care of it, but I hit 110-130mph today 3 times with no issues so I can't see it being a problem.

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Can you reset the tire pressure sensors with a magnet like you can on the C-5's?

Silver Baron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Anyone knows the Part # for the tire pressure sensor?

Thanks

From another thread (meaning accuracy not guaranteed - but until we know otherwise it's assumed to be correct) - the Tire Pressuer Sensors are pn#25763677

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Silver Baron,

part number is: 257663677. Dealer cost is 52.00 a piece. Check my post "CCW wheels".

Shane

Silver Baron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Thanks guys,

Silver Baron

bryce3 is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

I had two tires replaced already and my tire PSI gauge readings were all wrong. My local dealer re-adjusted them in about 30 min. at no charge.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I rotated tires today and used the method described in the FAQ and it seemed to work great! I had an assistant dropping the tire pressures as we did this, and the dash monitor seemed to be responding accordingly as we reset the pressure. So, it seems to work. Did you try this, Cal?

EDIT: Whoops, just realized this is an old thread. Sorry.

altoun40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey Benjet, you say to try the link for the home instruction set for reprogramming. But the link doesnt work, can you direct me to the correct link if there is one? I need to get rid of that annoying message every time I start the car, that says need tire service or whatever it says. Anybody else have a fix for that message every time I start the car. The sensors are not installed on my wheels, cause they did not fit on my 24's. I need someway to disable that feature, please help its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.