Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  sefa01 
#1 ·
Today I got new tires on the car. Much to my chagrin, as I was having the guy adjust the PSI, the gauges were reading the wrong tire. This seems to point to the fact that the sensors are TIRE SPECIFIC (since it didn't appear to re-learn the new tire locations...yet at least) which seems a little odd to me. I didn't have any warnings coming home where I hit 80+ mph so I don't think it's a BIG deal, but if I do have a blowout or PSI problems it will of course read the wrong tire.

So if this bothers you, make sure to mark your tires as you take em off to have the tires changed. For tire rotation I guess they have to take the tire OFF and switch it and re-inflate. Can anyone corrobrate this?

- C.

#7 ·
Haven't tried it, to be honest the pressure is about right I don't want to F with it (I have no compressor at home) if I had known at the shop today I would have done it there. If there's a problem at the track on Sat. I will take care of it, but I hit 110-130mph today 3 times with no issues so I can't see it being a problem.

#14 ·
I rotated tires today and used the method described in the FAQ and it seemed to work great! I had an assistant dropping the tire pressures as we did this, and the dash monitor seemed to be responding accordingly as we reset the pressure. So, it seems to work. Did you try this, Cal?

EDIT: Whoops, just realized this is an old thread. Sorry.

#15 ·
Hey Benjet, you say to try the link for the home instruction set for reprogramming. But the link doesnt work, can you direct me to the correct link if there is one? I need to get rid of that annoying message every time I start the car, that says need tire service or whatever it says. Anybody else have a fix for that message every time I start the car. The sensors are not installed on my wheels, cause they did not fit on my 24's. I need someway to disable that feature, please help its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

#17 ·
I saw it with my own eyes, the tps does not fit on my wheel. The groove that is in the wheel was not large enough to hold the tps in flat position to the wheel. It was sticking out and when they filled air in the tire, it leaked. So, I installed the wheels and tires w/out the tps. But, now the message comes on every time I turn the car on. I guess I have to take it to the dealer and hopefully they can do something. I was just trying to avoid the dealer if I could, cause you know how they like to rip you off!
As far as selling my stock 17's and tires. I will sell them for the right amount. They only have 200 miles on them! brand spankin new. I'll take $1000 for them (w/ the wheel sensors) if you are interested. Email me at altoun44@hotmail.com to further discuss. Thanks.

#19 ·
I just got my rims put on this week, and haven't had a chance to take any pics. I will take some pics tonight when I get home and post them tomorrow. Also, I will take some pics on the stockers I have, and im pretty sure they are 17-in. 7-spoke cast aluminum with P265/70-R17 tires.

#26 ·
My thought was that this could help solve my winter tire problem. I would have rims for the winters with TPS in them and have a set of spare summers when I run through the current pair. If something like this does not come through, I will probably take the tirerack package for about $1,800.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.