New Differntial #3 & Nav woes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Differntial #3 & Nav woes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I took the V back in for a 42K mile service, (oil change only so they tell me). While is ...
    The_Groundhog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

New Differntial #3 & Nav woes

I took the V back in for a 42K mile service, (oil change only so they tell me). While is was in there I complained about the rear differential whining again. I must only have about 5K on the last one. They replaced it no problems. Now I'm on the 500 mile break in, so not fast accellerations.

I also complained about the NAV not letting me select another state. I know it worked before when I traveled to Philadelphia PA. This time I was trying to get to NY City. (Children in the Macy Thanksgiving Day parade). I couldn't program in Englewood, NJ where they were supposed to meet. I printed mapquest directions, so I started off. I took a wrong turn on the way so I stopped to try and get the NAV working. I was on the OnStar for about 30 minutes with Cadillac support, they couldn't seem to help.

I found I95 again and made it there. Now it was night and I took a bunch of turns to get there, I didn't have reverse directions back. I called Cadillac again to help, because I figured I must be pushing something wrong. Well after about 45 minutes of them tell me to tap the screen and me telling them it wasn't a touch screen, they told me it was broken and take it to the dealer.

To finally make it home, I programmed in POI airport, to take me to BWI. First time through it started calculating the route then rebooted. I tried again and it worked. I would need to ride past my house to get to BWI so I had my route. I made it home.

When I complained to the dealer about it they said I needed a new NAV DVD. I was going to buy one anyway but they said it would be covered under the warranty. It hasn't arrived yet but we'll see if it fixes the problem.

Michael

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

Re: New Differntial #3 & Nav woes

isn't this part of the nav firmware flash/update?

see the stickied thread. i could be wrong

The_Groundhog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Yes, that is how I read it. I also told the dealer that too. I'll take the updated DVD though and see how it goes. Maybe they will flash it before they install the new DVD.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

They are two different discs.

The flash is a CD.

The map is a DVD.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.