How much are the Hawk brake pads?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much are the Hawk brake pads? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm geting my Christmas list together...
    ggt4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Plat. Silver 'V'

How much are the Hawk brake pads?

I'm geting my Christmas list together

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: How much are the Hawk brake pads?

Post your question in the Lindsay Cadillac section of the Vendor area.
    Luke will shoot you prices as soon as he can.
    He might see this one on Monday.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

we get $107.00 for the fronts and $96.00 for the rears. we carry the HPS series in stock and can get the other grades (HP+ etc.)
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ggt4 View Post
    I'm geting my Christmas list together
    Don't do just fronts like I did. Get the rears, too. I've heard they produce just as much dust as the stockers, but the dust is much lighter in color, and the wheels look "cleaner" much, much longer. My rears look dirty way before the fronts.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My rears look dirty
    Randy, I have not actually looked at your rears.....but I'll take your word for it.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

If you want a dust upgrade, get HPS's front/back

If you want a performance upgrade get hp+'s up front hps in the rear. HP+'s dust just a bit less than stock (not much change), but will make fillings fly out of your teeth, when you mash the stop pedal.

/JACK

Luke can you order me a set of HP+'s, and get them in by this Friday, when I swing by to get my rear stut brace installed?

VIR ON FRIDAY !!!

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

ggt4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Plat. Silver 'V'

I think I'll get the HPS because the brake dust is killing me

gergreg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V

I got the HPS from Lindsay about a month ago and I have to say that while I am happy about the lack of dust, I am pretty disappointed with the performance. The pedal effort is much more than the stockers, the stopping power seems to be worse, and they feel mushy. I was going to get the HP+, but Luke said that they were beyond what I needed as I do not goto the track...ever. A good setup would be HP+ front HPS rear.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by gergreg View Post
    I got the HPS from Lindsay about a month ago and I have to say that while I am happy about the lack of dust, I am pretty disappointed with the performance. The pedal effort is much more than the stockers, the stopping power seems to be worse, and they feel mushy. I was going to get the HP+, but Luke said that they were beyond what I needed as I do not goto the track...ever. A good setup would be HP+ front HPS rear.
    Most people seem to really love the HPS'. I am not one of them. I really like the performance that the HP+'s provide. I think the HPS's are a bit weaker than the stockers, and the HP+'s are a bit better.

Brake dust be damned! I want the performance HPS's are great for the rear though.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.