extended warranty
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, extended warranty in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; i did a search and came up short. i need a extended warranty ands was going to my dealer sat. ...
    odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

extended warranty

i did a search and came up short. i need a extended warranty ands was going to my dealer sat. what should i be paying around. i have 31000 miles. im looking for another 3-4 yrs 13000miles a year. what have you guys paid, and where did you guys go. any bad experiences. thanks any help is apperciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Feffman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: extended warranty

I have a Warranty America warranty that goes out to 100,000 miles. Recently I took the V in for new motor mounts and several bushings inclduing the rear differential bushing. The dealer had the car for a day to look it over and see what it needed then about a week goes by to get all the parts in(??). The dealer had the car for four days to get it all done most of which was the warranty company NOT returning calls to approve the work. Real PITA!

Ultimatley the bill with an oil change and some diagnostic work was around $2,000. I paid the $100 deductible, the oil change, the extra 1-2 days of car rental and some other stuff that totalled about $500. All in all, I'm OK with the payment but the BS to get them to approve the repairs was ridiculous including a day at the dealer for the warranty company's adjuster/inspector to look things over.

In retrospect, I'd call GM/Caddy directly and see if you can buy an extended warranty from them, even if it's a bit more costly, you'll not have the BS I dealt with. If not, the service writer (good guy) at my Caddy dealer suggested CNA. He has a CNA warranty on his Escalade and he claims CNA is very easy for service departments to work with.

My $0.02 worth and experience!

Feff

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

You can get estimates for the GM extended warranty on the net (google it). I did this and used the internet prices to bargain with my dealer.

The GM extended warranty product is the same regardless of where you buy it, but prices do vary based on the deductible level you choose, the length (years and miles) and the particular seller. Prices are negotiable more often than not. I bought mine from my dealer to maintain a good working relationship with the same folks that I will looking to for warranty work.

RobWilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Another 36 months and 36000 miles with a $100 deductible will probably cost you around $2100 for Major Guard. I got a couple of quotes recently from a couple of different sources. I'm considering adding a 24 month and 24000 mile GM Protection Plan Major Guard. I was told that prices may be going up by January 1. However, the plan starts as soon as you purchase, not when your regular warranty expires.

My car has 26,600 miles on it and the original warranty expires in March, 2008. I'm going to wait until late February to buy my extended warranty. I'm willing to let the price go up slightly, to increase the total length of my warranty coverage.

Rob Wilson
    '04 Black Raven CTS-V
    '03 Medium Spiral Gray Metallic Corvette

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have always considered these extended warranties to be nothing more than mechanical insurance which is clearly tilted in favor of the insurance companies making money rather than the policyholders saving money, and therefore I have never bought one.

That having been said, given the proclivities and history of the CTS-V, it may be worth it if for nothing else but peace of mind. My decision point is only a few months away (though GM gave me a 100,000 mile (7 years or 10 years, I can't recall) warranty on the rear diff, so I may take my chances with the rest). There is no wrong answer here....until such time as either you sell the car or get hit with an expensive repair bill.......and can do the finalized math.

Jschmank is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Silver CTS AWD

I have carried extended warranties on all my cars from Hondas to GM. For the GM cars in particular, I always felt they paid off. Almost anything these days is $500 or more to fix from water pumps to alternaters, and all these parts do wear out if you keep you auto long enough. I have covered transmissions, differentials, transfer cases, etc. I also think they are good for people (like me) who happen to be very picky and knowledgeable about when something isn't right. With some of the known problems with the V and most cars, it is a good idea if you plan to keep it and want to keep it running right. At least thats my opinion. For the GM plans, they are cheaper if bought before 24000 miles, and you can select the coverage you need depending on how many miles you drive or how long you keep the car.

SuperV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade, CTS-V

I have purchased "After Market" warranties as well as those that are factory authorized on all of my vehicles. I have had a much better experience with the factory authorized warranties than with the "After Market" versions. When your vehicle is under a factory authorized warranty the warranty information will be available at all dealers nation wide with nothing more that you VIN number. It takes seconds to get authorization to perform warranty work as opposed to waiting for days on approval from the "After Market" vendor. You only need your warranty when you have a problem so it will be then that you will realize the difference in cost was nothing compared to the time that will be wasted awaiting the "RED TAPE" and "BS" associated with their cost avoidance program. Save yourself a bunch of frustration and pay for a factory authorized extension to your existing warranty. Good Luck, Rob

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

thanks guys. I found a place off this site. gmoutlet.com I got some numbers offf of that. looks like 1485 $50. ded 36mo 36,000 miles. im going to my dealer to see if they can match. even if i pay a little more at the dealer i think it would be best to buy at the dealer that i will be doing the work at.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.