Aftermarket Cooling system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Aftermarket Cooling system in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey, Ok the news is out we all know now there is a Diff and transmission cooler for The V...But ...
    Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Aftermarket Cooling system

Hey,

Ok the news is out we all know now there is a Diff and transmission cooler for The V...But who has got the scoop on an aftermarket RAD? I searched the forum and i got pages of leaks, and no Extra large RAD for better cooling?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Aftermarket Cooling system

Is one needed? For the guys that open track these cars a lot (Big Jim, Chef, etc) - what sort of coolant temps do you see on track?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Naf is in Kuwait, so I'm sure he could use a bit of extra cooling.

I seem to recall that one of the tuner V's had a Ron Davis radiator (http://www.rondavisradiators.com) They don't list the CTS(v) as a supported OEM replacement kit. It might be worth contacting them, to see if they've already done one. I bet it would be fairly pricy.

Naf, If you do get one made, you should try and get one with an integrated Power steering cooler, and possibly oil or tranny cooler as well. Bonus points if it is about 2" lower than stock, to allow for an Over The radiator Cold Air Intake (OTR-CAI).

Good luck,

Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

1badjimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

There is a part number for a "High Capacity Radiator Kit". However my parts guy said he could not get ahold of it. The number is PN 25534465 High Capacity Radiator Kit. You might be able to call the same guy at GM that Feffman called and got the engine oil cooler kit from in this thread Feffman's engine oil cooler from GM Racing

bjohnso0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

I checked with Ron Davis last year when my V was in the shop for a leaking factory radiator. The dealer could not get one at that time for 2 months!

Anyhow, Ron Davis would build one for $1600, which was with no coolers for oil or trans.

I'm sure the price would still be about the same.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    <SNIP>
    I bet it would be fairly pricy.
    </SNIP>
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso0 View Post
    I checked with Ron Davis last year when my V was in the shop for a leaking factory radiator. The dealer could not get one at that time for 2 months!

Anyhow, Ron Davis would build one for $1600, which was with no coolers for oil or trans.

I'm sure the price would still be about the same.

Heh, guess I was right

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Nels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Supercharged

I had one made by BeCool. It’s a worth while investment. With the RPM's and boost levels I achieve on the track I had no choice. The stock RAD couldn't handle it.

The cost was about $1500.00. They replicated the stock mounting points and upper and lower rad hose outlets so it just bolted in.

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

in 90* weather my coolant temps were in the 220-240's which aint bad......oil temp was high around 260-280.....but stock rad seemed to handle the water just fine.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Dont we have transmission lines going to the radiator? I thought all manual cars did.

^^^ Autos do....not manuals.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

True, got a little mixed up.

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Now that Nels has so kindly paid the "set up fee" I guess I could try calling Mitch at BeCool and see if he'll do a Group Buy for us.

He did a long term buy for my Impala brothers a couple years ago and still honors it. Built in oil and tranny cooler. Real nice piece. Lowered my twin turbo 383 stroker operating temps by 15-20 dF.

BeCool is the shiznits.

^^ really don't think we need em though......oil was the only thing I was worried about on the track.

Chef is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^^ really don't think we need em though......oil was the only thing I was worried about on the track.
    I beg to differ. If you're really pushing the car to the limits (really) then you'll need all cooling systems like oil, tranny/diff, steering and a bigger/better rad.

Most of us think we can push our cars to the limits but in reality we push them for "our limits"...

Put a pro driver in your car and you'll have everything overheating within 4-5 laps.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My car overheats just cruising in 6th on the highway. Am I a pro driver? I am, aren't I? Ten Kyu.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.