Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Thinking of getting a new 2007- Questions!

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Me Wanna A V 
#1 ·
Hey guys:

The current cash back incentive is $4000 or 0% financing.

0 down with 0% financing is a great deal, however, what would you do?

Should I pay cash and try to get a deal? Where should I start with a cash offer? I'm thinking with the $4000 off I should offer $46,000.

It appears that financing would be the better deal.

Any thoughts?

#2 ·
If you were to buy it for 50 out the door 6.99@60= 9,389.20 in interest BUT that's if you were to keep it for 5 years. Most of the interest would be paid in the first few years so 0% sounds better IF you plan on keeping the car more than two years. Also with 0% you shouldn't put any more money down than you have to to get the payment where you want it. 0% is free money why not? Just my .02

#4 ·
Run the numbers and figure which is better. Always cut your deal BEFORE you tell them how you are going to finance if possible.

#6 ·
Run the numbers and figure which is better. Always cut your deal BEFORE you tell them how you are going to finance if possible.
If you get the $4k back, what rate are looking at and how much downstroke? Figure how much total cost you'd have going both ways (i.e. that way vs 0% way), ignore the time-value of money for a moment (since inflation is low and rates are reasonable), and compare the two senarios. Voila! There's your answer.

#8 ·
If you have a high dollar trade to pay for a large chunk of the car then take the rebate. If you're financing a large percentage of the car and plan on not paying it off quickly OR have an investment that you can put the money in that will yield a decent return, take the financing.

If you're anywhere near Florida, let me know what color car you want and I'll make you a great deal on one. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.