How is the V in snow with snow tires? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How is the V in snow with snow tires? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just got back. The F1s are not totally bald but they are pretty bad. The car was horrible. I expected ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: How is the V in snow with snow tires?

Just got back. The F1s are not totally bald but they are pretty bad.
    The car was horrible. I expected it to be bad, but what bothered me, was that it was wheel hopping a bit it the snow. My bushings must be mush .
    Anyway, the winter tires are going on this week, and we probably wont see snow again for a month . Let you guys know the difference.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    ... it was wheel hopping a bit it the snow. My bushings must be mush . ...
    I drove in snow a couple of times when the car was new (didn't have a winter beater at the time), and mine wheel hopped, too ... at slow speeds no less. Anyway, your bushings are probably okay.

BTW, glad you made it back alive.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Streets are covered with a light sheet of snow.
    Guess I'll let you guys know how a V handles with bald F1s in the rear.
    That's 'bout the dumbest thing I've heard today. Keep tempting fate and be sure to send us pics of the wreckage.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

Keep tempting fate and be sure to send us pics of the wreckage.
    This almost happened to me tonight. I live on a pretty steep hill and tonight it was a sheet of black ice. As I backed out and started to proceed up I noticed some slip in the rear tires. I pulled back in to turn around and go down the hill. Big mistake. As soon as I got the noise pointed down the ride of my life started. The car started slipping and headed for the left as the road is crowned for draining. Now I was barely moving when this happened. Gravity was making me gain speed, i touched the left and the rear spun. Three 360s and came to a rest in a driveway. All at less then 5 mph I swear. After one more for good measure (360) I was able to negociate the rest of the hill and parked at the bottom. How I didn't really hit anything amazes me. I know I was stopped against a sewer drain, but I saw no dammage with the little light I had. We'll see in the morning I guess.
    If this is the start this is going to be a really long winter.

veloce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have said this before when this has come up but let me repeat. The V like all hipo cars needs 4 snows. Thus equiped and driven with caution it will be fine.I have an 04 it is my daily driver and Ski car for the family. We go to copper Mtn. all the time. I have 65k on the car as of now,so you see I mean what I say about it being my driver. Note I drove a 93 twin turbo RX-7 as my driver for 13 years and I put 4 snows on that and was fine except when the snow was very deep. 4 snows and prudence are all you need. Jeff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.