Markup on 2004 CTS-V???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Markup on 2004 CTS-V??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm getting a quote from a Northern Jersey dealer on a new 2004 CTS-V (in stock) that meets my satisfaction ...
    JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Markup on 2004 CTS-V???

I'm getting a quote from a Northern Jersey dealer on a new 2004 CTS-V (in stock) that meets my satisfaction (black/black with sunroof), but he's asking $54,995, or 7.4% over MSRP. Even when I suggested I could get the same car at MSRP from another NJ dealer, he didn't budge, citing that he's selling at market value and that most dealers don't even have them in stock. Is this the typical situation for this car in other parts of the country? Is there any chance I can get it at MSRP or is everybody paying a markup today?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

-1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Markup on 2004 CTS-V???

Can't blame him for trying. Remember, you're in control of the situation. Most of the 2004 CTS-Vs have been purchased. I would say very few left. Personally, I'd wait for a 2005. They should start showing up in a couple of months. At that point. MSRP or less will be the norm. I know it's tempting, the exact car you want and it's available now. Call the dealer, let him know you're serious about the purchase, but at MSRP. Also, let them know you're willing to wait for a 2005 if they want more than MSRP. GOOD LUCK!

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I second that opinion.... anything over MSRP is not smart. There are still a bunch of 2004 Vs floating around, eBay has them as well. Give the dealer an offer, then walk. I did the same, and 3 days later the phone rang.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

I'm going to only recommend this:

There are many dealers (including myself) that will order you a 2005 model CTS-V at sticker. In fact, I have a black on black, sunroof, FG2 suspension, in the system as we speak that is free. This is 2005 over 2004...June delivery.

However, if you have to have one NOW, then you're not going to have much choice. They seriously cut production the last couple weeks of the 2004 model, so they are indeed super-thin right now (not that they weren't to begin with ).

But it is up to the dealer whether they want your business or not.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    I'm going to only recommend this:

There are many dealers (including myself) that will order you a 2005 model CTV-S at sticker.

Oooohh...A CTV-S! Is that the new Caddy that looks like a V but actually just has a 2.8L in it?

Seriously though, there will always be dealers that will sell at sticker if you look a little harder. Don't ever buy over sticker price!

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

There's still a lot of cts-v's left They have 3 in my local dealer.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Go to www.autobytel.com . See if they can do anything. They have for me in the past on hot models.

Thanks to all for your input. It's been very helpful. Basically, when I showed the salesman proof that the other dealer had three in stock (which he didn't think possible, but I got it from their web page) and confirmed that they were selling for MSRP, he said he would speak to the owner and get back to me. I think he'll come around or else I'll just buy from the other dealer, even if it is farther away.

What I didn't mention in my first post was that I'd bought the standard CTS from my dealer only in January and now want to trade it in for the V. He must have figured that anybody stupid enough trade in a 4-month old car with less than 3,000 miles must want the V pretty badly, so why not try to take advantage of the situation. Heck, he can screw me on the trade in (he hasn't given me that price yet), but I don't want to be screwed on the new-car price too!

Those who mentioned waiting for the 2005 now have me thinking. My current CTS is the Red Line color and I really love the look. I've read that the 2005 will be offered in this color, so maybe I should wait -- but does anybody know how long it will be if I can order now? Thanks again.

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

I saw a CTS-V at a dealership in Manhattan with a $10,000 markup. Then again everything costs more in Manhattan.

Victory! The salesman just got back to me. He said he spoke to the owner, who he said remembered me from January when I bought the standard CTS, and he was told to give me the MSRP. Gee, that was fun. Now I get to see how much the guy will want to compensate this setback by low-balling me on the trade-in price!

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    Oooohh...A CTV-S! Is that the new Caddy that looks like a V but actually just has a 2.8L in it?
    CTV-S? I don't know what you are talking about :coolgleam (that goodness for an edit button! )

Victory! The salesman just got back to me. He said he spoke to the owner, who he said remembered me from January when I bought the standard CTS, and he was told to give me the MSRP. Gee, that was fun. Now I get to see how much the guy will want to compensate this setback by low-balling me on the trade-in price!
    You'll probably take a little bit of a hit because the 2005 models are actually being built now, which unfortunately makes your car 1 year old even though you only have had it for 4 months.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

ttown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That's about what I had to pay for my Black/Black w/sunroof.

I have seen them on ebay for less.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Check your private messages JJ. Glad to see some more V action here in the lovely Garden State. Now if only 100 more people bought em we could start renting out tracks.

- C.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Miscreant, is there any way for you to find out from GM how many 2004 V's were built??

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

go to www.gmbuypower.com and do a search for a CTSv. A local dealer will come up and click "search their inventory" after you find they have none there will be another "search local dealer inventory" or something like that . Click that. It will then give you dealerships that only have V's in stock. Then sort them by distance and call. You will find one fairly close at sticker. Trust me on this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.