Markup on 2004 CTS-V??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Markup on 2004 CTS-V??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by JJOC Golfinesq, I'm curious to know from a dealer, you sell at list and you're about 50 ...
    Golfinesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Markup on 2004 CTS-V???

Quote Originally Posted by JJOC
    Golfinesq,

I'm curious to know from a dealer, you sell at list and you're about 50 miles from me, then there's another dealer 30 miles from me also selling at list. What (other than greed and the hope to find a sucker) inspires a dealer such as mine to try to sell $5-10 thousand over list? Is this driven by very local market conditions, that is within 5-10 miles? Do you think these dealership owners know that other dealers just a little farther away are selling at MSRP and that they can be stealing business from them? I used to work in marketing but I don't know this auto world at all. Thanks.
    It's actually all supply and demand driven. Every dealer tries to maximize it's profits until the market finds itself.

Also I want to set the record straight. I have discounted the CTS V for my internet customers. We have 4 in stock now and a deal now is better than waiting for someone to pay a premium. Dealers tend to follow what their closest competition is doing and most dealers don't yet have the mind-set to know that there's a segment of the population that shops and buys over the Internet.

-1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

:rolleyes2 $10,000 over MSRP, can you say "tunnel vision".:drinker

ages is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJOC
    Victory! The salesman just got back to me. He said he spoke to the owner, who he said remembered me from January when I bought the standard CTS, and he was told to give me the MSRP. Gee, that was fun. Now I get to see how much the guy will want to compensate this setback by low-balling me on the trade-in price!
    i am very curious about the trade-in price,,, hoping you might want to enlighten me? >>> i am 18, and have never owned a car,,, my mother is giving me her '03 cadillac CTS in a few weeks when i graduate,,, as gratefull as i am,, i am left drooling over this CTS-V >>> and am somewhat determined to get it ,,,, only i know nothing about how this type of thing works.

ages is offline Cadillac Owners Member

-and what is the deal with this '05 CTS-V?? are there any pictures of it floating around anywhere?

JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ages
    i am very curious about the trade-in price,,, hoping you might want to enlighten me? >>> i am 18, and have never owned a car,,, my mother is giving me her '03 cadillac CTS in a few weeks when i graduate,,, as gratefull as i am,, i am left drooling over this CTS-V >>> and am somewhat determined to get it ,,,, only i know nothing about how this type of thing works.
    I haven't heard anything yet on the trade in value (the dealer hasn't seen the car since it was new and I am now out of the country), but I'll post as soon as I know something. But for better information on trade-in value versus what you might get from a private sale, you should check out the Kelley Blue Book site.

http://www.kbb.com/

Just plug in the info about your mother's CTS in the USED Car Values section and you can see the estimates for trade-in as well as private sale. Good luck!

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by ages
    Well, here's food for thought. I don't know what model '03 (1SA, 1SB, or 1SC) you have, but depending on miles and model, trade on an 03 is going to be low 20's [I can buy a 1SB '04 at auction for mid-high 20's], and considering that the CST-V is over $50k, you're looking at probably having to finance around $25k-$30k, so you are going to have some decent payments - that is considering the '03 is paid off. Do you have a balance on the 03 CTS.

-and what is the deal with this '05 CTS-V?? are there any pictures of it floating around anywhere?
    The 05 is the same as the 04, just two new colors (redline and stealth gray).
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, the issue is settled. After waiting nearly three weeks for a trade-in value on my regular CTS and still not getting an answer, I've decided I'm not going to trade it in for the V after all. My wife loves this car anyway, so I've decided to get the black/black V for myself and the 3.6L redline/black CTS will be hers. I know you'll think I'm crazy, and I will agree with you, but they should look rather striking next to each other!

drdsgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I leased a 2004 CTS-V two months ago and paid a premium for it. It was the only one I could find at the time in Santa Clara county. As a three year lease, the additional cost didn't hurt that much and I wanted the car real bad anyway! It's an awesome automobile, and people ask me about it all the time. I pulled into a local burger joint with a classic Mustang rally going on in the parking lot, and many of the Mustang owners came over to see the car and check the engine, at least what there is to see.

ds

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.