Markup on 2004 CTS-V??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Markup on 2004 CTS-V??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; For me I will wait till I find a used one, I bet when I get back from my summer ...
    talalhz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Markup on 2004 CTS-V???

For me I will wait till I find a used one, I bet when I get back from my summer trip in Sept, I might be able to get a used one for mid to low 40s since I am paying cash I don't want to take the first hit. This would be the first domestic car I ever bought I am only 23 .

Check my cars out:

http://registry.evolutionm.net/vehic...hicleid=2895&s=

http://photos.yahoo.com/talalhz

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    Miscreant, is there any way for you to find out from GM how many 2004 V's were built??
    I've got an email out to production for the numbers.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quote Originally Posted by talalhz
    For me I will wait till I find a used one, I bet when I get back from my summer trip in Sept, I might be able to get a used one for mid to low 40s
    All I can say is good luck. And while that sounds sarcastic, I do mean good luck. Production is not high enough to make a used CTS-V drop in value that much, not atleast for a long while. Heck, in some places, people are buying them at sticker and reselling them for over sticker, tagged and titled! I would bet you won't see a CTS-V, unless it's hard loaded with miles, for less than $48,000 -$49,000 for about a year if not longer. I bet if you took a 5000 mile used CTS-V to one of these small dealerships that can't get a CTS-V because they don't sell enough CTS's, they'd offer you $48k-$49k for it TRADE IN . A factory exec CTS-V in dallas went for $52,000 with 3000 miles at a closed dealer auction last month.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Does having 600 at the wheels increase or decrease my trade-in value

- C.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Always haggle, thousands can be saved! If they don't budge, they are greedy, find another dealership.

Due to China's booming economy, the price of steel shot up, this should be raising the price of new cars to a degree.

haveboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This is what I did, when I go bit by the V bug:

1- called all my local dealers- Their answer 5k over msrp "limited avail bull"
    2- I logged on to the Cadillac website and checked inventory on every dealer in florida.
    3- Called each dealer and offered them what I thought was fair- considering the limited avail bull
    4- A dealer in port richey florida -- Coastal Cadillac -- gave me the deal I was looking for.
    5- After a short 30 minute flight form miami. I was there to pick up my car.
    6- A smile from ear to ear while I was driving home.

There' always someone willing to take a quick deal.

I's my third time doing this on cars that where being marked over msrp. And I always find some dealer out of the area willing to take the other guys business.

Take care,

cruzajc1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Good Lord, Nice set of cars. Put me in your will, I'll have the Z06 and the CTS-V hehehe

Gus
    96 STS
    cruzajc1@aol.com

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I did the same. I live in VA and bought mine in OH for GMS. Dealer here wants $10,000 over stick. Colonial Cadillac owned by Hendrick. Ever wonder how he can fund all those racing teams? Now you know.

Golfinesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm the Internet Sales Manager for a large New York Dealership. In more than 35 years of business we've never sold a car over sticker and will not start doing it now. We have 3 CTS-Vs currently in stock, 2 black, 1 light platinum.

www.sarantcaddy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinesq
    I'm the Internet Sales Manager for a large New York Dealership. In more than 35 years of business we've never sold a car over sticker and will not start doing it now. We have 3 CTS-Vs currently in stock, 2 black, 1 light platinum.

www.sarantcaddy.com
    And another Platinum incoming, plus a black with FG2 in the pipe coming soon as well. Good inventory. Curious, you don't sell over sticker, but you have 29 day old Platinum unit? Any idea why? It has sunroof, so that can't be it. I'm actually surprised at the age of all your units. Is there decent competition in your area?

Oh, BTW, your web link does not work.

Golfinesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    And another Platinum incoming, plus a black with FG2 in the pipe coming soon as well. Good inventory. Curious, you don't sell over sticker, but you have 29 day old Platinum unit? Any idea why? It has sunroof, so that can't be it. I'm actually surprised at the age of all your units. Is there decent competition in your area?

Oh, BTW, your web link does not work.
    In my area there are at least 5 other Cadillac dealers within 15 miles. We're in a middle class area and we have a large allocation since last year we were Number 1 in sales in NY State.

I just saw CTS-V #4 be unloaded from the carrier. It's definitely Platinum.

My website link doesn't work because I posted the wrong one. It's www.sarantcadillac.com. I got confused between that and my e-mail address. Even dealers make mistakes .

JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Golfinesq,

I'm curious to know from a dealer, you sell at list and you're about 50 miles from me, then there's another dealer 30 miles from me also selling at list. What (other than greed and the hope to find a sucker) inspires a dealer such as mine to try to sell $5-10 thousand over list? Is this driven by very local market conditions, that is within 5-10 miles? Do you think these dealership owners know that other dealers just a little farther away are selling at MSRP and that they can be stealing business from them? I used to work in marketing but I don't know this auto world at all. Thanks.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

JJOC,
    If a dealer gets only 1-2 cars a year and he is the only dealer in town, he gives the ADM a shot and see ii anybody bites.
    This is why large dealers in large metro areas discount more because there may be 5 dealer's within 30 minutes.
    I live in Charleston, SC. The Metro area has a population of 600,000.
    There is 1 dealer with 2 stores.
    The next closest dealer is in Bluffton(near Hilton Head) about 70 miles away.
    Orangeburg(about 70 miles away) and Georgetown (about 60 miles away.)

So he can charge ADM, but has chosen not to.

There is Pontiac delaer charging 5K ADM for both of his GTOs. They have been on his lot for 3 months!!!!

What an idiot.

Well, the sad thing about it is that the CTS-V allocation is based (atleast now) on your CTS sales. So a dealer can sit on one or two CTS-V's and try to draw the top money off of it and not loose any future allocation because they are still moving regular CTS's and keeping their allocation strong.

CTScop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You prob don't want to travel to Michiga but...my dealership has five CTS-Vs on the lot and they're selling them for the sticker, $51K. I'm supposed to get one next week for a 24-hour test drive. Can't wait!

**UPDATE**
    Make that four...one of them is an employees car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.