Cadillac now offers shock absorbers for the CTS-V... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac now offers shock absorbers for the CTS-V... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Back to the topic on hand: In many decades of drag racing dozens of cars, I've never seen a simple ...
    catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Cadillac now offers shock absorbers for the CTS-V...

Back to the topic on hand: In many decades of drag racing dozens of cars, I've never seen a simple shock swap solve serious wheel hop (axle tramp). Get the new shocks for overall control, but Idoubt if they will be a flat cure for what happens to the V at heavy throttle launches.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

For those of you who didn't see it in the other thread.

www.gmpartsdirect.com

part #

total cost comes to (unless you live in North Carolina)

SUB TOTAL: $976.50

SHIPPING: $195.30

TAX: $0.00

TOTAL WITH TAXES: $1,171.80

So you save $220 or so over getting it from a dealer. I am having my shop put them in to save a bit extra as well, since I have to go in for other work. No response from GMPD (parts direct) yet on how long it takes to receive them, but I guess I will find out soon.

- C.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Cal,

Thanks for jumping in early, please hurry and let us know what you think. Do you track the V at all? I'm interested in track performance and how poor the ride is on the street. Looking forward to your experience, and let us know how long it took to get them installed, etc.

Dan

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The V already rides substantially harder than the stock CTS. A stiffer shock will definetly kill the good ride. IMO.

Cal

I agree, but some people want to use this car for hard driving, like myself. This is not my daily driver, though it will be the summer cruiser. Will be interesting to see if it DOES cure some of the wheel hop by default.

got this from partsdirect --

Your order will be processed on the 30th and the parts will be ordered the site states that special ordered parts could take 7 to 10 business days before shipping. Normally it does not take this long but it could. That is the best eta I can give you at this moment.

Thank You

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    The V already rides substantially harder than the stock CTS. A stiffer shock will definetly kill the good ride. IMO.
    I don't know if I will side with you completely just yet on that note. I really want to see how the FG2 does. Keep in mind that the MAIN difference between the CTS and CTS-V is the 27% stiffer springs and stiffer/larger anti-roll bars. The CTS-V does feature 46mm monotube shocks over the 36mm CTS ones, but they are not appreciably stiffer (they just handle heat build-up better). So the two things that really make the CTS-V "stiff" are not changing with the FG2 shock change.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Silver Baron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Anyone knows the brand of shocks & springs, are they adjustables? Color, thickness/diameter of springs etc....

Cal

No springs, just shock absorbers. The site/details were absolutely nil. I can tell you when they arrive maybe, or miscreant may know.

- C.

Cal

What the...

****IMPORTANT UPDATE**** of your order number 77551:

Part Number 12499241: Cancelled (cancelled no stock or sprint)

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

They must not be able to get them. Print the order form and see if your local dealer will work with you. Sorry to hear about that, I know you were hoping to have them before track day.

Cal

The dealer quoted me the $1300+ so I'll call back and see if they can get em after all. I have a feeling that if Flow Chevrolet (dealer who runs gmdirect) can't get them other dealers can't as well but maybe I can get an answer as to why. That is a strange error, perhaps miscreant or someone else can elaborate a little on what the heck it means.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

I don't have an exact answer, but my educated guess would be:

They have a part number, but they don't have available stock yet. Probably the first batch is going to production cars...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I was given the part number because we had a customer who purchased an 04 and inquired about retrofit. I was not given an exact availability, just est of May or June. The part number info was passed up and down the line from brand management to GMSPO and back down. The numbers that indicate this item for production identification purposes are different. The part cancellation indicates that they are still not available yet, or are on backorder.

Cal

Talked to the parts guy at my dealer today. They were shipped and will arrive by Fri at the latest. He had confirmed they had over 85 sets in stock but I was waiting to hear that they had actually hit the truck before I believed him 100% since the other place had a last-minute burp.

So yes, Virginia, there is an FG2 package.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.