DMH Cutouts Install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, DMH Cutouts Install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'll be purchasing a set of the DMH Cutouts shortly and am wondering how difficult they would be to install ...
    Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

DMH Cutouts Install

I'll be purchasing a set of the DMH Cutouts shortly and am wondering how difficult they would be to install myself. Does anyone have any experience with these? It appears i just need to remove a section of the exhaust and put these in place with a little JB Weld and run the wire to the interior... is it this easy or is there more involved??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Re: DMH Cutouts Install

I dont mean to sound like a dick, but JB Weld? Are you serious?!?! They need to be welded in with a mig or some other type of welder that actually melts and fuses metal together. Not something you squeeze out of a tube. If you dont have a saws all or pneumatic cut off wheel and at least a mig welder, take it to a muffler shop and have them welded in the right way.

Also, not trying to be a jerk again, but you may want to have the wiring done professionally too.

Dave-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I agree. I had a set of DMH on my first V and lived them. The muffler shop charges me $200 for the install including some cool down piped they custon fabbed. My car stero place wired and mounted the switch for $45. Spend the money and have it done right. My silver '04 is on the DMH website if you wnat to look at the downpipes. I had NO resonance anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-V View Post
    I agree. I had a set of DMH on my first V and lived them. The muffler shop charges me $200 for the install including some cool down piped they custon fabbed. My car stero place wired and mounted the switch for $45. Spend the money and have it done right. My silver '04 is on the DMH website if you wnat to look at the downpipes. I had NO resonance anywhere.
    Appreciate the input. I can't pinpoint which photos are of your V on their website... if you get a minute, can you post the link to the photos you're talking about... thanks

My car is in the photo gallery on the top row just to the left of the blue C5. It just has shots of the bottom of the car. All of the pipe was painted black. It is also the 2 shots on the bottom row.

Sorry, I meant to the right of the blue C5.

Thanks for the clarification, Dave. Do you have any issues with your fuel lines seeing as though the passenger side exhaust cutout is so close to them?? I'd imagine you should cover them to prevent the lines from melting....

Chef is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Any news on your install?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Any news on your install?
    I spoke with Dave at DMH and he recommends their new low profile cutouts for the V. I ordered a set for 360 (free shipping) and will be getting in touch with Damian over the next few days to do the install for me. Supposedly these are a lot easier to weld in and do not hang below the stock exhaust which will alleviate the worries from those that are lowered.... comes with all piping necessary to do the install. see pics below.. first 2 are on a c5, last one on an 06 GTO

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

do these things seal up well?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY View Post
    do these things seal up well?
    I can't speak from experience seeing as though i haven't installed them yet, but they are supposed to be excellent, way better than QTP's etc and solid warranty... the butterfly valve is 3.5" wide and they can mate up to any size pipe... our stock exhaust piping is 2.5"

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i'd worry about
    1. cooking the trans
    2. cooking the floorboard. warping the unibody =

hmmm.

Any pics of cuts right after the headers? or experience with them located there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    hmmm.

Any pics of cuts right after the headers? or experience with them located there?
    This is another forum members install with the old DMH cutouts... this is after the cats but before the resonator... i havn't seen any that are directly after the headers... with this setup i'd be worried about melting the lines on the drivers side... this is most likely very close to where i'll be installing the low profile cutouts

Yep - I'm familiar with those lines as I just torched them with my headers and re-routed them...

thx Nate

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.