Cadillac Owners Forum banner
11K views 109 replies 35 participants last post by  lunarx 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if the new 08 keyless entry remotes will work on our cars? I don't know about you guys bu I'm sick of my trunk opening all the time due to me pushing the button pulling the keys out of my pocket. It appears they have recessed the buttons on the new remotes finally.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
Bump? I seriously doubt the new remote works on the '04-'07 CTS; they're using the new proximity-type transmitter for touchless entry and push-button start, which the CTS was never equipped with. It's rumored to work with the '05+ STS though. Has anyone found part numbers or would mind parting with a Driver-1 keyfob with the remote start button? I'd like to try some tests of my own.

#33 ·
I don't think all 08's use the proximity remotes.
I saw a base-model 08 and it had an ignition key slot.
Yes, the salesman had to use the key to start it.
Hopefully one of those base-model transmitters can work on our cars.

#39 ·
Yeah... I would love that. These fobs are ugly...

#42 ·
I dont really mind the remote.
But you guys are making me feel self-concious :dammit:

#45 ·
Tony already said it's not gonna happen.

I have been toying with the idea of designing a fob housing that will accomodate the board and button pad from the GM remote, and getting a quote on 100 pcs or so from a plastic manufacturer. This way, you would reuse your existing remote internals, so no programming or electronics to buy. I was thinking some soft touch plastic, square in shape, with a cross-section that is roughly ovoid. And with some kind of inset circle to put a logo on the back. I could get some logos made for all GM makes to make it have broad appeal.

My boss had some keychains made a few years ago, that were pretty cheap and came out looking pretty good. So I still have that source.

What do you guys think? Would there be any interest?

#46 ·
Sounds great to me :thumbsup:
It is good for you that the new housings will work for other GM vehicles also.
I think 100 pieces will be to few.
I would want at least 3 myself.
I doubt you would have a problem selling 2, to every customer.

#52 ·
Well, this is just a first draft. But it shows the design idea I am thinking of. I am very open to suggestions. I still have alot of details to iron out. Like making sure the existing button pad will fit, and of course finding out if it is financially feasible. I do have a source in Shanghai.

So let me know what you guys think.

#70 ·
I think it'll look weird bulging in and out while in my front pocket all day. Could I get one that stays the same size?
Are we still talking about keyfobs here, Tony?

#61 ·
If opinions are wanted;

I like the Crest. :thumbsup:

It's only the Cadillac that does not do anything for me.
V Logo instead of Cadillac FTW
My opinion is exactly the same.

I would probably been in for 2 of those babies. :highfive:

#60 ·
hey another nitpick Jimmy...

right now those buttons are pretty much the same size and direction as the stock buttons. any way you could re-arrange them a bit? change their size or shape a bit? as long as they're pushing on the same button on the circuit board it would be just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.