New keyless Entry remotes? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New keyless Entry remotes? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY I would like 2 also... Count me in for two as well.........
    SuperV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade, CTS-V

Talking Re: New keyless Entry remotes?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY View Post
    I would like 2 also...
    Count me in for two as well......

SuperV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade, CTS-V

Talking Re: New keyless Entry remotes?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Well, this is just a first draft. But it shows the design idea I am thinking of. I am very open to suggestions. I still have alot of details to iron out. Like making sure the existing button pad will fit, and of course finding out if it is financially feasible. I do have a source in Shanghai.

So let me know what you guys think.

Wow, the only thing that could make this better is if you had used the "V" logo as opposed to the cadillac logo

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 911S, 10 E63 AMG

Re: New keyless Entry remotes?

That is because they are an American company. I have been talking with a Chinese sourcing company. I dont know exact costs, but my company had some keychains made a few years ago, Plastic housing, electronic clock inside, metal chain and keyring clip. I believe they were somewhere on the order of $5 each, and the tooling and setup were somewhere a little bit north of $10k. We got a couple thousand of them. The setup costs would be much lower for this application, just two molds, front and back would have to be made. Which would be, I am guessing around $5k. But the minimum qty would be 5000 pcs of each, front and back. We would not have to worry about Delphi's permission, because we would be making a completely new mold. The only issue would be putting the Cadillac logos on for copyright infringement. That is why I was thinking adhesive emblems to be applied by the end user.

It still is not going to happen, at least by me. I just don't have the capitol for it. And I AM NOT going to do prepayment. I do not believe in that.
    So are you saying it's $15K to make this happen?
    If so, would 30 investors at $500 each get the ball rolling?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Yeah, but who is gonna pay $500 for two remotes. I am not looking to make a business out of this. I was hoping it was something that could be done on the cheap. I am still waiting to here from my China guy, but he is not optimistic, nor am I.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 911S, 10 E63 AMG

Yeah, but who is gonna pay $500 for two remotes. I am not looking to make a business out of this. I was hoping it was something that could be done on the cheap. I am still waiting to here from my China guy, but he is not optimistic, nor am I.
    $500 for 2 remotes?
    I thought $500 would get 100+ remotes which could then be sold, netting about a 3K profit.

After all this hype, it seems a shame to let it die just because of some upfront costs that must have been known about in advance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.