Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 66 replies 47 participants last post by  ahahnu 
#1 ·
I told myself after I paid $5K over invoice for the gotta have it V (yes, it is true, despite what lies I may have stated in the past) that I'd make no more than one post per $ on this site. Let this be my final payment.

It has been a seriously awesome ride - both here and behind the wheel. Truly a class site, with great mods, better moderators, and a handful of talented individuals contributing to the betterment of the community each day.

I have to thank (yes, I'll forget some) urb, stealthv, lasstss, pietro, L5, CVP, Florian, denniscars, Velose, Lord Cadillac, the oh so adorable and lovable BJ aka bigjim, Chef, Heavymetals, Nikon, Cadi Kid, RT, ctsvett and shiat - a whole bunch of other pricks that made life both enjoyable and miserable over the last 3+ years, here's to each of you

:alchi: :alchi: :alchi:

Each of you that have offered to buy me a drink or three over the years - don't be too f'in surprised when I collect ('cept you CVP - you scare me).

I'll be back. 2ish years. I'll lurk between now and then. I'll dump the V on a dealer after maggie is repaired in trade for a chick car to hold me over. The '10 V is mine - after somebody else does the over the sticker trick for a year, verifies that it rocks as much as I believe it will, and shows me at least 50 foot of black without studder steps. In otherwords, I'll break down and order a slow ass gray V in late 09/early10 provided that some of you are still around to prove the diff is grenade proof, and the (LS???) engine can still be tuned to each perversion selected.

Now the sentimental bullshit. I-forums are a tremendous waste of time - save for this one and the .faq when they save your ass repeatedly from mod-hell (or throw you a rope when you've fallen in the pit). The best thing about this place has been the daily reminder that this country absofrigginlutely will continue rockin' - as long as each and every one of you elect to make it so. I've never met a more standup bunch of guys in my life - and I'll miss this. I'll end up on a VW/Audi/Mazda site or something (even the flower site is full of wieners) and quite frankly will have to learn to hang wit' da yungens again. So what. Cars are a waste of time and money - and that's just exactly how I like it. Married the 2nd time with 2 kids means I see my fair share of the couch - and this place has been a friend more times than not, more times than JD, Toysnot, or some dude that lost his embz.

The super trick, mallett shifted, maggie induced, stealth tuned, heavy de-vibed, lasstss tricked, spectered, BMR'ed, autovation'ed, kicker'ed, hots'ed, fastest color urbinated V pulled the last stunt it gets to on me this a.m. Biatch maggie contacted rotors minutes after startup. I was taking the Schnauzer to the groomer and the V to the carwash to clean her up before a serious buyer came back for a final serious test drive (he showed, with shoebox of cash and I had no car for him). That was the confirmation of 2 things: A) she doesn't want to leave me and B) the bitch has been bad luck since day 1. F' her - she's outta here. Maggie is off already and in a box and Monday I'll deal with Magnuson. If only I had my stock manifold on hand - she'd be stock by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. Too bad - I've enjoyed this ride despite costing me and estimated $65,694 to own provided I get at least $30K at the final drop (disgusting, isn't it).

Thank you - each and every one of you - for proving to me that the American Spirit is in fact alive and well in this aging country of ours - even if we can't find a car company smart enough to know that 400 ft lbs <243 ft lb ratings (or :wtf: ever it is).

L8R :beer: :kissrock:

WW

See less See more
#28 ·
You were a true contributor. Sorry to see you go. But......
You'll be back! This car is like crack. 105k proves it. I'll expect to hear from you when GM releases the official specs and when the next V finally hits the streets. Good luck with everything.

#33 ·
I feel like we are all standing up infront of the guys casket saying a few nice words. Well I'll pour a little of my forty on the ground for you. Atleast you'll come to your senses and get a unique color like grey, unlike the ubiquitous silver and black ones there are. I won't say goodbye, its see you later. Sniffle sniffle.

#36 ·
No because when people stand around a casket they talk about the person going to a better place. Well that will not happen here because there is no better place :thepan: . oh and by the way. one day you will come to your senses and come back. We all know it will be sooner then later. but when your ready im sure you can put a post paying someone $250 to find you a good used V!

Now go you you lurker!

P.S. you need to make more of those clearsides for the newbies.

#34 ·
This sounds like a retirement party, where's the cake??
WW thanks for the wealth of knowledge, hate to see you leave GM,
Come back soon you hear. Until then, you've left the boat in good hands.
We'll make sure to keep her prestine until your return.
God Bless

#35 ·
Bill--it won't be the same around here without ya; you're a fixture on the board. I'm glad to know you'll be lurking...maybe some topics will pull you back into the fold. It's been fun. :yup:

#37 ·
I told myself after I paid $5K over invoice for the gotta have it V (yes, it is true, despite what lies I may have stated in the past) that I'd make no more than one post per $ on this site. Let this be my final payment.

It has been a seriously awesome ride - both here and behind the wheel. Truly a class site, with great mods, better moderators, and a handful of talented individuals contributing to the betterment of the community each day.

I have to thank (yes, I'll forget some) urb, stealthv, lasstss, pietro, L5, CVP, Florian, denniscars, Velose, Lord Cadillac, the oh so adorable and lovable BJ aka bigjim, Chef, Heavymetals, Nikon, Cadi Kid, RT, ctsvett and shiat - a whole bunch of other pricks that made life both enjoyable and miserable over the last 3+ years, here's to each of you

:alchi: :alchi: :alchi:

Each of you that have offered to buy me a drink or three over the years - don't be too f'in surprised when I collect ('cept you CVP - you scare me).

I'll be back. 2ish years. I'll lurk between now and then. I'll dump the V on a dealer after maggie is repaired in trade for a chick car to hold me over. The '10 V is mine - after somebody else does the over the sticker trick for a year, verifies that it rocks as much as I believe it will, and shows me at least 50 foot of black without studder steps. In otherwords, I'll break down and order a slow ass gray V in late 09/early10 provided that some of you are still around to prove the diff is grenade proof, and the (LS???) engine can still be tuned to each perversion selected.

Now the sentimental bullshit. I-forums are a tremendous waste of time - save for this one and the .faq when they save your ass repeatedly from mod-hell (or throw you a rope when you've fallen in the pit). The best thing about this place has been the daily reminder that this country absofrigginlutely will continue rockin' - as long as each and every one of you elect to make it so. I've never met a more standup bunch of guys in my life - and I'll miss this. I'll end up on a VW/Audi/Mazda site or something (even the flower site is full of wieners) and quite frankly will have to learn to hang wit' da yungens again. So what. Cars are a waste of time and money - and that's just exactly how I like it. Married the 2nd time with 2 kids means I see my fair share of the couch - and this place has been a friend more times than not, more times than JD, Toysnot, or some dude that lost his embz.

The super trick, mallett shifted, maggie induced, stealth tuned, heavy de-vibed, lasstss tricked, spectered, BMR'ed, autovation'ed, kicker'ed, hots'ed, fastest color urbinated V pulled the last stunt it gets to on me this a.m. Biatch maggie contacted rotors minutes after startup. I was taking the Schnauzer to the groomer and the V to the carwash to clean her up before a serious buyer came back for a final serious test drive (he showed, with shoebox of cash and I had no car for him). That was the confirmation of 2 things: A) she doesn't want to leave me and B) the bitch has been bad luck since day 1. F' her - she's outta here. Maggie is off already and in a box and Monday I'll deal with Magnuson. If only I had my stock manifold on hand - she'd be stock by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. Too bad - I've enjoyed this ride despite costing me and estimated $65,694 to own provided I get at least $30K at the final drop (disgusting, isn't it).

Thank you - each and every one of you - for proving to me that the American Spirit is in fact alive and well in this aging country of ours - even if we can't find a car company smart enough to know that 400 ft lbs <243 ft lb ratings (or :wtf: ever it is).

L8R :beer: :kissrock:

WW
WW,

Only this could pull me out of my self imposed banishment. Thanks for the information, the insights, the friendship and the laughs. You, me, marty, reed, florian, rick and a select group of others were amongst the first here with V's and now the torch is passed to the next group of enthusiasts. You outlasted both my V's and my patience for GM. I'm of the same mind as you, I'll let a few others brave the first model year issues. I won't be posting, but I'll lurk from time to time to see how the new ones are holding up. I may be back in 2010, but who knows. Take care my friend.

Best wishes,

CVP33
Chris
Wild man.. good luck on the sale. It was certainly interesting and entertaining. Thanks for your help thru the years here on the forum.
I too will be in the shadows........:thumbsup:
My goodness, first Bob Barker, now this. This definitely feels like a salute to WW with all our old guard showing up for the honoring.

For all of us who spend more time than we should on internet forums, this is a huge loss. I enjoy talking about the V, and cars in general, about as much as driving it. Here's to hoping you lurk as often as possible.

I am honored to even be mentioned in your good bye speech. And I will always remember your generosity whenever I look at those big meats on the back of my V. If I didn't live a country away, I'd make a bee line to your place to take you out to dinner.

It's been an honor, sir. Happy retirement. Hope to see you in '09!

#38 ·
I'll drink to that!

Hell, I'll drink to damn near anything!

You actually contributed something worthwhile.

Enjoy your new Ford.

#43 ·
I would just like to reiterate that I blame Magnuson, not GM, for WW leaving us. The last 3 threads about how sick he is of the V all include ripping out the Maggie for another rebuild.

Wild- I've said it once already but I'll say it again: Keep the V. To hell with boost- get some of your money back from the Maggie and go cam + heads.

#47 ·
Thanks for all your help Bill!

You and a few others reminded me that people are still good.

I have never ever been screwed by any member in here,all of you guys have trusted me and taken my word.I think you were the first to sell me something and obviously mailed it before you had my money.

As always WW,cold beer and big deer down here(think about it)

Randy

#48 ·
I got nothin to add except ditto. I mostly just lurk but have picked up a lot of great info from you WW and a bunch of others. Thanks.

#49 ·
wild thang, u made my heart sing...u made everything, gro0ovy :lol:

i'm honored to be included in your farewell speech. Hope to hear from you often. thank you for all the PMs filled with little tid bits of info & infamous words of wisdom--they'll stick with me for a lifetime and i can one day say "a wise man once told me.." :bouncy:

glad i can cruise around with my WW(trademark) Clear sidemarker & fog lenses :highfive: :thumbsup:

good luck with the new car, whatever it may be.
but lets try not to destroy this one too okay? no need to surpass Urb's record :rolleyes:

take care sir.

-mike

#53 ·
WW,

I have enjoyed you posts and you have been a true contributor. Sorry to see you go, but you can post on this site regardless of weather you onw a V or not. Another site I like used to be about a motorcycle that morphed into something totally different. I think I am the only one that still owns the same bike. Point is, lurk if you must as CVP does, but I still mis CVP's posts , but post and let us know you are still OK. :alchi::alchi::alchi: anytime you are in NYC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.