Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  whisler151 
#1 ·
If any of you are having trouble with wheel hop issues on the cts-v here is a fix if you don't mind after market parts. Paste the link into your web brouser. www.lmperformance.com. The G.M. fix doesn't work!

Anyone having trouble with oil temp warnings? We did going through the Dragon in TN and when we got stuck in Chicago traffic. The temp went down if you turned the A.C. off. why do i have to sweat my ba**s off in a Caddy because the oil temp warning? :confused: : The dude in the Kia next to me had no trouble (sarcasm)

Also, the rear end blew a 1 1/2" X 3/8 (approx) bolt through the case, I was backing into a parking stall (3 mph max) and Ka-Boom the whole car jumped.
Made a hole larger than a silver dollar.

#3 ·
If any of you are having trouble with wheel hop issues on the cts-v here is a fix if you don't mind after market parts. Paste the link into your web brouser. www.lmperformance.com. The G.M. fix doesn't work!

Anyone having trouble with oil temp warnings? We did going through the Dragon in TN and when we got stuck in Chicago traffic. The temp went down if you turned the A.C. off. why do i have to sweat my ba**s off in a Caddy because the oil temp warning? :confused: : The dude in the Kia next to me had no trouble (sarcasm)

Also, the rear end blew a 1 1/2" X 3/8 (approx) bolt through the case, I was backing into a parking stall (3 mph max) and Ka-Boom the whole car jumped.
Why does this post seem so fishy to me? Three well known (and totally unrelated) issues, no context, no "Hi, I'm new to the forum", no background.....nothing. Just *boom*- I have 3 problems.

How odd.... :suspect:

#7 ·

And all this happened on the way to Burger King, huh? Bad luck dude!

#13 ·
I just actually picked up my V today for the Cadi Dealership in regards to the oil temp. Seems to have been a grounding problem? Not really sure about it, as I didn't have a lot of time to discuss with them. Was lucky to leave work and go and pick up the car.

So far, so good. No "God awful chiming sound" with the oil temp. It really started acting up when we started getting hot weather here in So. Cali. It just took them a couple of days to fix it.

I was given a DTS as a loaner. Nice car, but I started driving like a grandma with it. With the V, I seem to pass everyone, with the DTS, everyone was passing me. I was soooo glad to have my car back.

#15 ·
I agree with you on this one...but that track record? I remember you calling me out a few times. I guess I was new to the forum so you always have to weed out the guys that are full of it.

This guy's an idiot though... :highfive:

#16 ·
I believe the user is truthful and an upstanding citizen. No sales pitches at all :alchi: :headcase:

But hey, I'm gullable :p

#21 ·
Thanks Froggy for the honest answer!!! At least one of you was able to to give an intelligent response. I'm not selling any thing, the wheel hop kit from lmperformance works awesome. Just thought I'd pass it on in case someone else was interested in a possible solution. I am new here, so what. Isn't this a place to exchange information or was I misinformed??

Quite frankly I am extremely pleased with my V. Just trying to fix a couple of minor G.M. oversights. The oil temp thing G.M. knew about in the early 04 models and supposedly fixed the problem. My Ser# was built after the fix. hmmm

#22 ·
Thanks Froggy for the honest answer!!! At least one of you was able to to give an intelligent response.
Attaboy - stick up to these internet bullies. This forum is just like a 3rd grade playground.

#25 ·
You know it!!!

Kooks next...does anyone have magnaflow + kooks? I'd like to hear it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.