When sliding @ speed...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, When sliding @ speed... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Let me start by saying the V is the most balanced car I've ever driven. It has nearly the same ...
    Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thumbs up When sliding @ speed...

Let me start by saying the V is the most balanced car I've ever driven. It has nearly the same tire to road contact feel the Porsche turbo had and it's much better than my vette was. What I mean by that is the suspension soaks up the bump and keeps the tire on the ground better. My vette had a tendency to "skip" while the turbo was the most "planted" of the 3 cars. The only fault the V has is... wheel hop while sliding. I was in 2nd gear going 16 rolled onto the gas while turning right to start the slide... about 2 seconds later the inside tire started to hop like crazy (while I'm sideways). I just backed off and it stopped but so did that perfectly balanced slide . The roads were wet so maybe a slight inconsistency in grip could have been a factor in causing the wheel hop.
    Have any of you experienced this? I'd like to test this on a dry road but I don't want to wear the tires down

I also got a nice thumbs up from a CTS driver this past weekend:coolgleam . I was on my way home waiting at a stop sign when a black CTS with a shinny / chrome front plate drove by.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bill_B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: When sliding @ speed...

Does the V have a limited slip rear diff? I wonder if that would cause the hopping in a turn you mention? My 'vette just moves a little sideways on me when the tires break loose during accelleration in a turn, no wheel hop to speak of. (Of course it has 40-year-old suspension technology, so the ride is nothing like a modern car has.)

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_B
    Does the V have a limited slip rear diff?
    Affirmative.

Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

And those runflats don't have much sidewall give (very stiff).

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Wasnt this one of the current problems with the CTS-V? The wheel hop thing?

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Wheel hop during a launch was discussed but not while the car was already moving/sliding.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

From what little I know (without doing any slides yet myself) I am hearing that new tires may be the answer. Someone let me know how much they cost so I can pucker my buttcheeks.

- C

newv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same hapen to me on dry roads. I am sure it has to do with the straight line wheel hop issue, which I have also experienced. I saw on a forum somewhere that cadillac is going to ahve a supposed fix via a new dealer-installed suspension package, which the want $1200 dollars for. Any one else know more news on this?

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Since the performance shock option is not shipping yet, nobody has any experience. It is not a "fix" per se, but a full set of performance oriented shocks. The only word I've got is that with the new shocks, it is more M3 than M5 in terms of feel. It is possible they will reduce the wheel hop somewhat, but that was not the intention.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.