Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  JEM 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I read that yesterday too. I can't believe that they still let them use 4 tires. :rolleyes2

#3 ·
It's a shame they won't let these race teams build a good race car with as much potential to win as possible within it's class instead of stepping in and penalizing a good and fast car, making it less than it can be in an effort to have them all cross the finish line at the same time. Seems that is what the sport is all about, building a race car that can beat the rest of them. Wouldn't this help promote better, faster, and safer cars for us all in the long run. Like the post above suggest, in the future when one car is doing better than the rest, the officials will come to the pits and shoot the tires out to try and even things up. SUKS!

#4 ·
Well, not so fast. The CTS V had a heck of an advantage, the damn things were'nt even trying. They would have lapped the field if they wanted, and they are supposed to have the same engine as the Z06 vettes.

The reason racing has rules, and changes them constantly, is to avoid one car dominating a class. The object is to have good cars, obviously, but driver skill and more importantly fan support ultimately have to be considered. If only one car wins all the races, pretty soon no one will be watching the race.

#6 ·
GNSCOTT said:
Ya think people woulda gotten the idea that the V had an unfair advantage when it killed the ZO6's. I think it had something to do with the V's 500hp and the ZO6 only having around the stock 405. Well back to the audis winning because of their AWD.
Stock? I believe the C5s are getting something a bit over 500HP and conventional wisdom says the CTS-VR was getting at least 10% more.

SCCA got sandbagged by Cadillac. The CTS-VR ran the same weight and tire size as the C5, but Cadillac got to run the C5-R big-bore block and heads, C6 intake, and a bunch of other engine tweaks. They also got a clutchless-shift transmission that by itself can be worth more than a quarter-second a lap.

The C5 guys got none of these.

All SCCA has done is taken away most of the advantages they'd given Cadillac over everyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.