CTS-V switched Accessory power - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V switched Accessory power in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The information about moving the fuses for the two accessory outlets to change from constant power to ignition switched power ...
    tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Exclamation Re: CTS-V switched Accessory power

The information about moving the fuses for the two accessory outlets to change from constant power to ignition switched power does not work on the CTS-V. When the fuses are moved there is no power on the outlets at any time. Also the info about the 10 min. timeout on these outlets is not applicable to the CTS-V. My combined CTS/CTS-V owners manual does not mention either the fuse move or the timeout. I hard wired my RADAR detector in by picking up switched power from the fuse block under the rear seat. Since the factory service manual for the 2004 CTS is still not available, I had no way to know which wire to tap into, so I made the connection to the hot side of a switched fuse. I will probably move the connection to a wire tap when I get a service manual.

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: CTS-V switched Accessory power

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller
    ...My combined CTS/CTS-V owners manual does not mention either the fuse move or the timeout...
    Both outlets in my 2004 stayed lit all the time and went dead when I moved the fuses. My car also came with the same combined manual that makes no mention of being able to switch power outlet modes. However, while moving the fuses back and forth, I noticed that the "Cigar Relay Mini" was missing. Seeing that it was obviously the same form factor as several of the other relays in the box, I picked one up and popped it in. Both outlets now work as described by others.

The GM part number for the relay is: 12177234 (written right on the top of the relay itself, along with Omron 7234), dealer quoted ~$21, but available for ~$7 from GMPartsDirect.com. Autozone had a cross-referenced GP-Sorenson part for ~$18, but its quality looked a little dodgy.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hmm

So a simple add on (GM) part fixed something my dealer and GM claimed doesn't work - very interesting.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=20307

I will HAVE to try this!

-Ben

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

...sounds like a slipstreamed backwards step to appease everybody but the customer... It's interesting to note that without the relay installed, installing the fuses according to the diagram on the inside of my fuse box cover results in dead sockets (My diagram shows the 20A "I/P Outlet" to the right and the 30A "Outlet" to the left).

For a point of reference, my car is a 2004 1SB (non-V) and I took delivery in Jan '04.

Anyadike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander
    Each of the interior outlets can be changed from a battery feed to a switched ignition feed. (One is the cigar lighter in the ashtray, the other is the auxiliary outlet in the rear of the center console.
    I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask a question before digging around in my fuse-box. Both my outlets are on switched-ignition right now. I wondered if anyone knew if I can switch only the rear outlet to a battery feed, leaving the front one switched-ignition?

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I pulled it right off the switch, a brown wire.

If you tilt the wheel just right you can get at it and grab it with a Scotch Splice.

If you need a hand Reed, give me a call.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This is an old thread.. wow...

You can change only the rear oulet to stay on with RAP by changing just the rear power outlet fuse.. See the underhood fuse box for the diagram (or this page: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/accpower.html)

Reed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.