I could have had a V today!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I could have had a V today! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I cruised throught the local Cadillac dealer this afternoon. He had just gotten in a silver CTS-V yesterday. They had ...
    -1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I could have had a V today!

I cruised throught the local Cadillac dealer this afternoon. He had just gotten in a silver CTS-V yesterday. They had a contract that had fallen through, it was available. I though about it, wanted it, drove it, drooled over it. My wife's 2003 CTS is only nine months old. Don't need two. Common sense says hold off. If this was last year, I would have bought without question. Silver w/sun roof, ebony interior. Exactly what I would want. Selling at MSRP. Still thinking......

Don
    -1-

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: I could have had a V today!

What's there to think about?

Don't worry about "1st year issues" because as I see it, the only one that exists in my V is the oil temp sensor calibration problem (easy fix, I'm sure).

Want a car that you will LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE everytime you drive?

Get the V.

Period ('nuff said).

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

How is your mileage on the other one? If it's not too bad, trade it in!
    I know that if I didn't have so many miles on mine, I would take a small loss and be in a V. As it is, I'm going to wait until this one is paid off... but if I were in the low mileage category....

-1-

It's low mileage, less than 11,000. Rather than trade it in I would try to sell it myself. When I mentioned it was a 5-speed, the salesman rolled his eyes and I could tell I would lose even more money. Seeing the CTS-V and discussing purchasing was an impulse. We're still happy with the 2003 and I feel we should get more use out of it to justify our expense. The 2005s are right around the corner and it will give me more time to figure out what I want. At least I got a chance to see one up close, check every thing out and drive it. Not a wasted day. My advice, if you going to buy a CTS and spend at least $35,000 plus, the CTS-V is well worth the additional expense.

Don
    -1-

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Buy it................ I absolutely love mine. It is such a fun car to drive you will not regret it.

03CADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You might try selling it on ebay or autotrader - there are not too many listings and the ones they have are high priced. 11K miles is nothing. try 55K - the dealers laughed at me when I asked how much they would give me on trade, I could not buy a Honda with it!! Also 5 spd... and Orange... good thing I still love the car.

-1-

I passed on the CTS-V. The dealer sold it the same day. I could have been a contender! As Frank Sinatra & Elvis sang, "Regrets, I have a few..., but too few to mention." We still have a beautiful 2003 CTS that's less than nine months old. It would have been sad to have sold the CTS so quickly without enjoying it more. There will be other opportunities with the 2005s months away. It will be hard to resist and even more refined 2005 CTS-V.

Don
    -1-
    l

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.