Motor Trend mag mentions 2009 V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Motor Trend mag mentions 2009 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Page 26, June 2007 Motor Trend I know this has been mentioned 100 times before But its still nice to ...
    Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Motor Trend mag mentions 2009 V

Page 26, June 2007 Motor Trend

I know this has been mentioned 100 times before But its still nice to see in a national mag.

They wrote about the MB CLK63 (bad a**)

They mention:

The Old Enemy New BMW M3

The Upstart Audi RS4

New kid on the block Lexus IS-F (no thanks)

Wild Card Cadillac CTS-V (sale in late 2008, engine LS7, 505HP)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Staxxin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Motor Trend mag mentions 2009 V

I saw that and referenced it in the LS3 thread. The interesting point is they didn't say maybe LS7 or LS7?. They spoke in factual terms. I hope they know something...

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I went to the dealer today to get some work done and one of the salesmen said that there will be a 2008 V???? I was confused because it goes against what everyone else said!

zozmanCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Not the same magazine, who, in their September, 2006 edition, in reviewing the 2005 CTS-V's 50,000 mile reliability, noted the V had so many drive line and suspension rattles that it resembled a "1950s pickup truck?"

4DRVETT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Let me say this...One of my gigs is a spokesperson for a certain car company named after a certain president that was assasinated...ahem...how does that pertain to this thread, well, here goes.

From my experience on the show circuit, it's become pretty much a given that salespeople generally, A: have no clue what they're talking about, or B: say anything to get people into the showroom. While they mean well, they are not the most reliable source. Secondly, they're purposely kept in the dark until the last minute on pertinent details regarding future product. Not to say they don't have advanced notice, but generally, to protect the companies in which they represent from lawsuits etc, they know the moment said companies make an official announcement, and not a moment sooner. We as product reps/spokespeople, get notice a tad sooner, but must sign confidentiality agreements etc.

NOW, with all this said, I did speak to a Caddilac rep (not a salesperson) last week at the Pittsburgh show, (mind you they still wouldn't disclose 100% of the details), and they had this to say...It will be out in the fall of '08, as an '09 model, will have over 500 hp, will have an advanced stability control system, and will be offered with an optional automatic tranny, with a paddle shift setup, similar to Corvettes. Again, I wouldn't count this as 100% set in stone, but it's a stronger source than I've run accross thus far. I hope this helps clarify things...although, these he said/she said games, sometimes make the wait easier to manage.

-Erik Valdez
    Circo Meta Forma

SullenClothing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    I went to the dealer today to get some work done and one of the salesmen said that there will be a 2008 V???? I was confused because it goes against what everyone else said!
    All salesmen are full of crap!

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by SullenClothing View Post
    I resemble that remark!

The Hog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

500HP is all well and good but did they mention if they are going to put a Ford 9" rear in the back of the damn thing, maybe a Dana 60? lol

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by SullenClothing View Post
    I'm only 95% full of crap. The other 5% is sheer sexual prowess.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

gergreg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by zozmanCTS-V View Post
    Not the same magazine, who, in their September, 2006 edition, in reviewing the 2005 CTS-V's 50,000 mile reliability, noted the V had so many drive line and suspension rattles that it resembled a "1950s pickup truck?"
    Yeah I have that article, unfortunately re-read it the night before picking it up, had already bought it by that point ;D.

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

NOW, with all this said, I did speak to a Caddilac rep (not a salesperson) last week at the Pittsburgh show, (mind you they still wouldn't disclose 100% of the details), and they had this to say...It will be out in the fall of '08, as an '09 model, will have over 500 hp, will have an advanced [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]stability [COLOR=blue! important]control[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] system, and will be offered with an optional automatic tranny, with a paddle shift setup, similar to [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Corvettes[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Again, I wouldn't count this as 100% set in stone, but it's a stronger source than I've run accross thus far. I hope this helps clarify things...although, these he said/she said games, sometimes make the wait easier to manage.

All of the above is what i heard from 2 diff GM sources. Also, both say it is the LS3 supercharged at $56,000 manual and 59,000 auto/paddle. I think GM people like playin w/ us!

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

LS3 Supercharged would be nice.
    That's something worth hoping for.

Auto /Paddle? YUK!
    If above is true, at least the slushbox posers will have a higher price of admission.

V-Smooth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Raven V [SOLD]

Supercharged LS3 w/ 500+hp ...

(but please say it has a strong diff )

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by 4DRVETT View Post
    Let me say this...One of my gigs is a spokesperson for a certain car company named after a certain president that was assasinated...ahem...how does that pertain to this thread, well, here goes.

From my experience on the show circuit, it's become pretty much a given that salespeople generally, A: have no clue what they're talking about, or B: say anything to get people into the showroom. While they mean well, they are not the most reliable source. Secondly, they're purposely kept in the dark until the last minute on pertinent details regarding future product. Not to say they don't have advanced notice, but generally, to protect the companies in which they represent from lawsuits etc, they know the moment said companies make an official announcement, and not a moment sooner. We as product reps/spokespeople, get notice a tad sooner, but must sign confidentiality agreements etc.

NOW, with all this said, I did speak to a Caddilac rep (not a salesperson) last week at the Pittsburgh show, (mind you they still wouldn't disclose 100% of the details), and they had this to say...It will be out in the fall of '08, as an '09 model, will have over 500 hp, will have an advanced stability control system, and will be offered with an optional automatic tranny, with a paddle shift setup, similar to Corvettes. Again, I wouldn't count this as 100% set in stone, but it's a stronger source than I've run accross thus far. I hope this helps clarify things...although, these he said/she said games, sometimes make the wait easier to manage.

-Erik Valdez
    Circo Meta Forma
    " advanced stability control "I've been saying launch control or something similar for awhile on other threads.. They are developing this system for the super vette. All I can say is, this new V is going to be absolutely Killer

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

I think it was a done deal that they would offer an auto with the paddle shift. I like the blown LS3 idea though as long as they breach the 500 hp mark.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.